Packing Tips

HDGSN

What is everyone’s preferred method of packing? Customs all in checked baggage, customs all in carry on, split them up so that its only one or so in any bag, boxes all in checked baggage, boxes all in carry on, etc. etc.?

8 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Don't have any methods. If it fits, it fits. I only went to the island once and packed a suitcase inside another suitcase. I'll be doing that again on my next trip

This is a good idea. Otherwise you may find yourself buying an overpriced suitcase on your way to the airport like I did. 

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on how much you bring back. I've brought back everything from a 50 or so to a f___ton. General Strategy would be to put as many boxes in your carryon as you can while still fitting up to 50 customs. The rest all goes in your luggage. (my last trip which I was packing light, I had 4 boxes of PLMC in my carryon along with 50 customs). I'd say, broad strokes, anything over 100-200 total customs and you're putting your self at serious exponential risk of losing your cigar haul.

Expect to get asked for factura's (receipts) if you get called to customs. You better have a few. Buy some boxes several different places to get factura's.

Cheers and good luck!

• Like 1

I’ve heard to put all boxed in checked baggage, with 1 bundle of customs per bag (I am only getting 3 and will meet this). The boxed will get the bag flagged for search and you hand facturas at gate after already having carry on bags x-Rayed.