Cigar Room & Man Cave

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello!  I'm new to FOH. One of your members suggested I join.  I'm looking forward to learning, participating and joining in all the fun. I recently completed my basement Cigar Room & Man Cav

Founded of an e-commerce and wholesale distribution company. However, we recently sold the company...so you could say I'm retired...although I don't like that term. You make a good point regardin

Beautiful!  Welcome to FOH.  Now that you're here, it won't be long before you realize you're gonna need a bigger boat.

6 hours ago, Stratus said:

Will do! Any FOH members live in the Chicago area?

If United ever call I’ll be back up that way. I’m ex-Milwaukee, born in Elgin. 

• Like 1

Does any cigar smoke/smell escape the doors? They appear to close pretty tight, but not air tight. I guess if there's negative pressure it wouldn't be an issue. Is there just a fan ducted in or is it a complete separate HVAC system?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Does any cigar smoke/smell escape the doors? They appear to close pretty tight, but not air tight. I guess if there's negative pressure it wouldn't be an issue. Is there just a fan ducted in or is it a complete separate HVAC system?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Great question.  No cigar smoke/smell escapes the room. The system is working beautifully and better than I had hoped. We installed a 900 CFM Fantech with two room vents. We hooked up to a rheostat so we can control the speed based on the amount of smoke in the room.  In addition, I spray foam insulated the walls and added an air purifier and ozone generator.  

Hope that helps! I couldn't be happier. 

• Like 2

Fantastic space!  I would never think that shade of gray would add some warmth to the room.  Great design throughout with some cool touches.  Those cobra door handles for instance.  :ok:  Welcome to FOH as well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Fantastic space!  I would never think that shade of gray would add some warmth to the room.  Great design throughout with some cool touches.  Those cobra door handles for instance.  :ok:  Welcome to FOH as well. 

Thanks! Agreed that color really looks classy. We took a chance with it and it paid off.  Thanks for the welcome!

• Thanks 1

On December 5, 2018 at 12:44 PM, havanaclub said:

Absolutely gorgeous! Well done sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On December 5, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Riverstyx said:

Looks great!  How long did the project take start to finish?

On December 5, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Frozen North said:

WOW, just WOW. That is beautiful.

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

• Like 1

Just commented on your video as cigar smoker uk. Great man cave.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, pandyboy said:

Just commented on your video as cigar smoker uk. Great man cave.

Thanks! Appreciate the comment. 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome to FOH, you found the right place!

Stunning, love the copper ceiling, and it appears that you have ample room to expand your humidor. FOH has a peculiar effect on people. Humidors that you thought would be large enough for the foreseeable future, suddenly fill up and become way too small.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 8:51 PM, Stratus said:

Will do! Any FOH members live in the Chicago area?

I dont technically live in Chicago, just a few thousand miles away....?, that's pretty close, right?! :D

I think I followed this being built and posted on another forum, truly spectacular and very well done. 

Welcome

Very, very well done. This space is just outstanding on so many levels. When I saw the door to the “powder room”, I thought, “In no time, that will be a walk in”. 

One word of caution, ozone generators are used often in smoke odor mitigation, I own a disaster restoration business so, I’m very familiar with them. Ozone is an oxidizer which can be corrosive to natural leathers, natural rubbers, or other organic materials. Additionally, it is an irritant to your lungs, over the years, I’ve become sensitized to ozone gas. Granted we use it in much higher dosages with large commercial units. Also, ozone is a very poor penetrator, so the actual efficacy can be superficial. Alternatively, you could install activated carbon filters on your air handling system, this would be more effective than regular use of ozone in that the smoke particles would be removed rather than trying to chemically neutralize the smoke particles. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. 

• Thanks 1