Cigar Room & Man Cave

3 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

Very, very well done. This space is just outstanding on so many levels. When I saw the door to the “powder room”, I thought, “In no time, that will be a walk in”. 

One word of caution, ozone generators are used often in smoke odor mitigation, I own a disaster restoration business so, I’m very familiar with them. Ozone is an oxidizer which can be corrosive to natural leathers, natural rubbers, or other organic materials. Additionally, it is an irritant to your lungs, over the years, I’ve become sensitized to ozone gas. Granted we use it in much higher dosages with large commercial units. Also, ozone is a very poor penetrator, so the actual efficacy can be superficial. Alternatively, you could install activated carbon filters on your air handling system, this would be more effective than regular use of ozone in that the smoke particles would be removed rather than trying to chemically neutralize the smoke particles. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. 

I appreciate the shout out.  I hear you regarding the ozone.  I'll do some more research on the topic. One thing for sure, I only use it when nobody is in the room.  That being said, I hear what you are saying.  Thanks again.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello!  I'm new to FOH. One of your members suggested I join.  I'm looking forward to learning, participating and joining in all the fun. I recently completed my basement Cigar Room & Man Cav

Founded of an e-commerce and wholesale distribution company. However, we recently sold the company...so you could say I'm retired...although I don't like that term. You make a good point regardin

Beautiful!  Welcome to FOH.  Now that you're here, it won't be long before you realize you're gonna need a bigger boat.

On December 5, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Riverstyx said:

Looks great!  How long did the project take start to finish?

This project took a whopping eight months. The first two months were spent on planning and design. The next six months on general construction, millwork and furniture selections, fixtures, AV, flooring, ventilation, spray foam insulation, electrical, etc. The millwork took the longest. We used a small family owned furniture maker out of Chicago. They were not able to allocated all their resources, so everything took longer than expected. However, the quality of their workmanship was off the rails good...so I didn't sweat it too much. They really did an outstanding job.

Here's some before and after shots.https://www.raeduncanid.com/mancave

• Like 1

Nice digs.  You probably paid more for that renovation then I did for my entire house.  lol

I am in the Corrupt Republik of IL as well, about 70 miles West of downtown proper... and it's not nearly far enough away.

1 hour ago, NapalmMan67 said:

Nice digs.  You probably paid more for that renovation then I did for my entire house.  lol

I am in the Corrupt Republik of IL as well, about 70 miles West of downtown proper... and it's not nearly far enough away.

Thanks!  Agreed...IL is in bad shape and no sign that things are going to get better anytime soon. I was thinking about moving to CA, but that's worse...lol.  Where to go, that is the question?

• 1 year later...

Awesome setup indeed. The negative ion generator concerns me. I am not sure you are aware but they can kill you. They eat the lining in your lungs. While they do a good job at killing odors, they will also kill all the flavor and smell in your cigars down there. I'd only run it for an hour every couple months and I would make damn sure that your ventilation system is off down there and your humidors are 100% sealed off from the air that the negative ion generator is scrubbing. A recirculating carbon filter left on when you are not down there would be a more appropriate means to cleaning the air in the gentleman's lounge. 

It's way nice,,, and I do love it, it's nice,,,,, but..... a nice room does not a cigar smoker make.    Make friends in Cuba like @SigmundChurchill get shown around El Laguito like your somebody, then come home and smoke the best shit on the planet in your garage like a boss. Then I'll really be impressed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This guy visited a year ago to show off his space and disappeared lol...just saying.

You're right. He hasn't checked in since last February. No cuban cigars in that humidor either!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotboxx said:

It's way nice,,, and I do love it, it's nice,,,,, but..... a nice room does not a cigar smoker make.    Make friends in Cuba like @SigmundChurchill get shown around El Laguito like your somebody, then come home and smoke the best shit on the planet in your garage like a boss. Then I'll really be impressed. 

Thank you for the kind words.  

That is an impressive room though.  Even more impressive to me is that he has a wife that lets him smoke cigars inside the house.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1