The demise of the Partagas Factory is complete.

7 minutes ago, 99call said:

With politicians abdicating all responsibility to do their job at the upper echelons of , it's not surprising the guy at the bottom of the ladder is saying "f-this"

Hence the reason I hold dear all the factory managers/workers who turn up every day and actually give a fig. There are plenty of them. 

The QC guys at Partagas are screwing them as well. 

This is a Tabacuba issue. They should take the photo's (these and others) and sack the manager and the responsible QC supervisor.  There is no chance of that happening. 

2 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Hence the reason I hold dear all the factory managers/workers who turn up every day and actually give a fig. There are plenty of them. 

The QC guys at Partagas are screwing them as well. 

This is a Tabacuba issue. They should take the photo's (these and others) and sack the manager and the responsible QC supervisor.  There is no chance of that happening. 

One of the best managers I've ever had. Had a great mantra. "The poor standard of others, that you're willing to walk past....is YOUR standard".

I agree with you 100% QC managers that are motivated, just by their own sense of pride, must be gold dust.  Poor 'higher ups' will see this kind of person as a chump who they'll work into the ground, where as canny operators make them feel loved. 

Despite the packaging and banding issues, those cigars do look delightful!

Now to learn how to be that lazy at my job and still get paid...

• Thanks 1

You know Rob, with the scarcity of the Soberanos, I would willingly bet those boxes would have been snapped up. I know I would have bought one or two just to take them off your hands. I don't need a band to tell me it's an excellent cigar.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alloy said:

You know Rob, with the scarcity of the Soberanos, I would willingly bet those boxes would have been snapped up. I know I would have bought one or two just to take them off your hands. I don't need a band to tell me it's an excellent cigar.

Scarcity? How can they be scarce when they were just released. I don't see it. Y'all just need to be patient. They will be available in droves everywhere, just as the Talisman was. Albeit, at a much much more affordable price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alloy said:

Sure. But how can one "flip" them convincingly without that band?  ;)  :P  :D 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Quality control has been absent from the partagas factory for most of the year.......

Hey, it's not like someone is going to ask you for a refund because the bands aren't properly applied  :lol3:

So really, what's the answer?

Down deep, big picture, what's the answer?

1 hour ago, crking3 said:

So basically avoid MSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSU are producing some exceptional cigars. 

Its the packaging that is letting the whole operation down. Packaging is simply QC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

MSU are producing some exceptional cigars. 

Its the packaging that is letting the whole operation down. Packaging is simply QC. 

I was going to say, I’ve got some cracking boxes from MSU. (To borrow a phrase) although one PSP box IS bandless ?

D6060FE0-94A5-4D13-8330-372E35B3CD62.jpeg

A74BE05F-DCF2-4F79-B203-129CF60FD23A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Down deep, big picture, what's the answer?

Permanent Fix = 

1. Living wage. 

2. repercussions for poor work. 

3. enforcement. 

4. systems allowing recognition and advancement. 

Temporary Fix = sack factory management. 

Ross, the system as it is sucks. it is the reason that I admire so much the workers (at all levels) who turn up, put in and take pride. I don't care that many have a little scam going on. Switch places and i would have a big scam going on. They system almost demands it. 

When El Laguito was at its best, the culture, the pride, was dripping from the walls. You felt the sense of family every time you were there. 

Even under the current system, it has been proven that factory's can produce good quality consistently.  It comes down to factory management and culture. 

Why have all these issues occured at Partagas this year?   Lack of management and culture. 

Fix it by fixing the top. 

Forgive my ignorance, as I have a stupid question.  I've read most of the FAQ and noob threads, but am still a bit confused about factory codes, and this discussion.

You are talking about the "Partagas Factory", and I assume are able to deduce which factory made the box by the factory code (which I am still confused on how this is confirmed, as they change all the time).

I have a box of Partagas D4, factory code TSM MAR 18.  In all the factory code threads, there's no mention of TSM.  Is it safe to assume that my box was made at the "Partagas Factory", that you are discussing here?

Thanks, and sorry if my question is off topic.