CIGAR REVIEW: LA GLORIA CUBANA MEDAILLE D'OR NO. 4 AND MY BIZARRE HERF DAY STORY

Herf Day

This gentle Panetela pronounces the tons of cedary, floral with mild body at the beginning, then the fruity note is added when I started to progress. This wonderful mild bodied combination still continues with just more complexity, stronger floral and fruity notes as I smoke it further to the end. The flavour becomes slightly harsh at the end but remains terrific without being too aggressive. This makes me not want to stop smoking it and because of that, my fingers are almost getting burned! Such a fine and elegant cigar with graceful ending!

-Mr. Knight

Brand: La Gloria Cubana
Size: 32 x 152 (Slim Panetela)
Box Code: Received as a gift from our member, Raskol (ndchow)
Price: Received as a gift from our member, Raskol (ndchow)
Score: 96

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the review, sits in line with my experiences. This cigar taught me to smoke much much slower than I normally had been. To really slow down and enjoy. LGC remains my favorite marca, even though I've only tried 3 different vitolas from them, I absolutely love the flavor profile exhibited.

On another note, I don't really understand the bizarre part of the story

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Thanks for the review, sits in line with my experiences. This cigar taught me to smoke much much slower than I normally had been. To really slow down and enjoy. LGC remains my favorite marca, even though I've only tried 3 different vitolas from them, I absolutely love the flavor profile exhibited.

On another note, I don't really understand the bizarre part of the story

Much agreed! This cigar definitely needs to be smoked slowly otherwise becoming harsher! Please wait for writing my herf day story, it is just not finished yet...

Several days ago, I contacted Raksol and asked whether I can have a herf day with him on Instagram. He gladly granted with my request and made a promise for having herf day at 6th of December.

In this morning, I went to the shopping centre to buy drinks as well as 60g 65RH Boveda pack since not only the drinks were ran out at yesterday but also preparation for making emergency humidor, tupperdor. Then, I took a bath and had a meal (Bak kut teh, one of my favourite dishes) before moving out for herf day with him. After that, I immediately moved out at 19:30 pm to have herf day with him.

On the way to the ANSA hotel, there were some annoying traffic jams especially in the centre KL caused minor delay of 10 minutes. Because of this, I straightly walked to the cigar lounge as soon as I arrived to the hotel, and guess what? He was already there and smoking Hoyo Epi No. 1!

Since I did not bring own cigars, I was a bit worried but it went smoothly since Raksol generously gave some of his aged stocks (Monte 4 and RASS), Cohiba Shorts and let me take a Medaille d'Or No. 4 as gifts. What a guy (made me feel I should do the same to other CC mates later)!

I started light LGC MDO No. 4 slowly with a torch lighter and having a conversation about cigars, life and so on while puffing cigars. During the talk, we shared our cigar experiences, life and the way of enjoying cigars. The most memorable quote from him was "Enjoying cigars slowly and not being a slave of hobby", "Making simple not being complicated" which was very agreeable and I personally think that everyone especially new to CCs should keep them in their mind. He also mentioned that I am really lucky as no one objected me for enjoying cigars (I myself think as lucky too). The highlight of the talk was I said "I finally let the god take my soul to the heave since I am absolutely satisfied", both of us literally died for that ?!!! The cigar itself was soothing and complex enough to have a perfect pair with Earl Grey tea ?.

Herf Day 2

As the cigar completely stopped burning, Raksol told me he had to go at 10 pm due to his busy schedule. It was a bit sad but I bade farewell for next herf day at the end of December. Cannot wait to have another herf day soon!!! ☺️

Gifts

• Like 2