Still can't stomach Bennett at Souths...

MoeFOH

Heartaches come thick and fast as a Rabbitohs supporter, you get used to it; that's just some of the culture-furniture that is the Redfern club. But the latest addition to the decor gives me a distinctly nauseous feeling to go with the heartache. 

Bennett at Souths is like seeing Wally Lewis in a Blue's jersey. It just ain't right, mate!

For all Bennett's triumphs and accolades, honestly, I just don't like what I see in the guy. But what bugs me the most is we have traded away the hottest property in NRL coaching for a guy that must be coming close to being called "past it". I watched my beloved Red Sox make a move for rookie manager Alex Cora last offseason, sacking the old school John Farrell. The result for the 2018 Red Sox was a brand of play that made them the most exciting team in baseball and resulted in a dominant postseason, capped by World Series win. I can't help but feel that we've just let the Broncos have our Alex Cora. 

Many will say it comes down to the cattle regardless. I agree. And Souths have the cattle to have a very competitive side if they can match or better last year's efforts. The core is still there, though, some are ageing. Notably, GI. 

Bennett will need to get them to the GF, possibly win it, or the Seibold trade will begin to really look like what I suspect it is--a major step backwards. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

sadly, not even the great coach will get them to a grand final, let alone win one. 

I wouldn't expect Seibold to perform any miracles with the present Bronco's line-up either... Might take a couple of years... Have they added anyone significant to the roster for next year? I can't recall. 

2 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

I wouldn't expect Seibold to perform any miracles with the present Bronco's line-up either... Might take a couple of years... Have they added anyone significant to the roster for next year? I can't recall. 

too difficult to try and keep the current mob - we don't have the roosters salary cap. trying to retain a number of future superstars. if we can do that, i'm happy.