NEW 6:2:1 video - pairing mental instability & worthless wisdom...

oh, and a Petit Edmundo with a Moa Espresso Milk Chocolate Stout. Beautiful combo... 

Post your own cigar & craft beer pairing, review and photos (or video if you feel energetic), and go into the draw for an El Pres selected sampler. :2thumbs:

Start your post title: "6:2:1 Comp: ... (your cigar x your beer)" and post it up by Jan 7th to be in the draw. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hunterbeav said:

Just remember Moe....no matter where you go....there you are...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oscar Wilde said "Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken." I think I've found a loophole in that. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today's pairing is a wonderful Punch Petit Corona del Punch, urg feb 11, and one of my favorite brews, Troegs bourbon barrel aged Troegenator.  Bought straight from the brewery a year or so ago. Troegenator has a huge malty flavor but it's well balanced. It's like drinking liquid sourdough bread but with a little bit of spice.  The bourbon barrels add a nice hint of vanilla, molasses, and some oakiness. Bourbon barrel aging beers is hit or miss for me, but this is done so well. It's a big, strong, and bold beer that's perfect for winter or fasting monks.  

I love these Punch smokes.  It's a shame they've been discontinued.  Slightly sweet with baking spice notes like cinnamon and nutmeg.  These have rarely disappointed.  The pairing is almost near perfect for me.  The baking spices from the Punch and brought to the front by the malty sweetness of the beer.  The bourbon notes are subtle and dont overwhelm anything.  If you have the goods, this pair is well worth the try.

I won this contest last time, so this review is more just for fun and to bump the thread back up for more folks to see. What better time than the holidays for craft beer and cigar pairings? Let's see some more!

15459380722056398446474094411617.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 5:40 AM, Stump89 said:

What better time than the holidays for craft beer and cigar pairings? Let's see some more!

Well said! : )

& Cheers for the review. I agree on the Bourbon barrel aging of beers, too... sadly it has been mostly all misses for me. 

Just now, El Presidente said:

You have got me into it. 

White Rabbit stout and a cigar yesterday.  Another habit is just what I needed :rolleyes:

how many times have i offered you stout/porter/dark beers with a cigar, only to be treated with utter contempt? 

for you, 2019 will be the year of matching warm sauv blanc with your cigars!!

• Like 1