Sancho Panza

Im on the Sancho-addiction(aside from Diplo & Trini) kick right now, tracking down old boxes and loving it. Are there other Sancho fans out there? I know most of the great ones aren't made anymore, but throw out some of your favs or ones you are trying to track down.

I recently found a cache overseas of SP and waiting on delivery of box of Molinos and a 10-pack of various yr SP sanchos.

Appreciate any thoughts and comments, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric, I can certainly relate to your appreciation of Diplomaticos and Trinidad. I think of Sancho Panza as the savoury version of the sweeter San Cristobal de La Habana marca. Unfortunately, I haven't got anywhere near enough Sancho Panza in my humidor, and if I did, I would very much love to sample some Sancho Panza Eslavo 2014 Serbian Regional Edition cigar, for two reasons, how good is it to enjoy a well-constructed Numero 109 and with a Sancho flavour profile (you know, salt and wood with perhaps coffee, cocoa and spice)? Alas, I can't complain, like you I still have some 2011 Molinos left.

A recent get together, one of the attendees was praising the Non Plus (a mareva at 42 ring gauge x 129 mm) so look out for it when it next comes up on 24:24. Recent 24:24 listings of 2013 Sancho Panza Belicosos sold out like hotcakes, and if they come up again, I'd imagine they would again.

Worldwide, Sp is a sloooooowww seller. So the benefit if you like them is they are pretty easy to find, aged or new.

Some Belicosos can be good, and if you can find them the Eslavo RE Serbia is stunning, seriously great cigar.

Keith.

Love the line. Have boxes of Molinos, Coronas Gigantes, Non Plus and of course the fantastic Eslavo. I used to love having the bacillaries (minuto) with my cup,of,coffee but the recent Non Plus has filled that niche.

If you haven't tried the Eslavo I urge you to give it a crack. Great smoke.

• Like 1

Count me in!

Big fan of the marca and the Molinos in particular. One of my first ever Cubans was a (stunning) LGC MdO2, but the second or so must have very soon been a Molinos. From then on, I was imprinted on the format. Had some memorable moments with the Molinos. Always loved the Oldschool-ness of the marca, this is a very unique brand with its own personality and character.

Still holding a good stash of different vitolas, in partic. Molinos from different years, but very unfortunately missed out stocking up on the CG when it had been taken out of production.

• Like 1

Big fan here as well Eric. I'd love to snag another couple boxes of Molinos, but they've been nearly impossible to find for me. You are a much better sleuth than I :looking:

The Eslavos have also been on my radar for SP's to track down.

The 2013 Belicosos that Rob has posted on 24:24's over the past 6 months have been great as well. I really enjoy the Sanch Panza profile. There is something special to it's simplicity.

• Like 4

A recent get together, one of the attendees was praising the Non Plus (a mareva at 42 ring gauge x 129 mm) so look out for it when it next comes up on 24:24. Recent 24:24 listings of 2013 Sancho Panza Belicosos sold out like hotcakes, and if they come up again, I'd imagine they would again.

I should amend my original post, as today's 24:24 had Hand Picked Seconds Clearance Jun 13 Sancho Panza Non Plus which sold out in 20 minutes!spotlight.gif

• Like 2

Im on the Sancho-addiction(aside from Diplo & Trini) kick right now, tracking down old boxes and loving it. Are there other Sancho fans out there? I know most of the great ones aren't made anymore, but throw out some of your favs or ones you are trying to track down.

I recently found a cache overseas of SP and waiting on delivery of box of Molinos and a 10-pack of various yr SP sanchos.

Appreciate any thoughts and comments, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering what was the age on the Molinos! TIA

I was was able to pick up a couple SP NP today!

So whats on the 24:24 tomorrow John!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know...I couldn't believe it today. I'd have to grab those SP Non Plus next time, but I was searching around the forum tonight and reading up on Rafael Gonzalez. It'd be nice to have some RG Petit Coronas or Perlas on 24:24.

• Like 1

Molinos stand up in any company. What a gorgeous cigar. The only caveat is that construction can be woeful. Have the vendor check that aspect.

Recent SP Beli are a treat. They don't have the nuance, complexity of the Molinos, but a beautiful depth of flavour.

• Like 2

If any RG's come up tomorrow i demand you post in the aussie room each night the selection for the next day!

so the aussies can get the jump on those bloody Yanks whisper.gif

ok.gif

Molinos stand up in any company. What a gorgeous cigar. The only caveat is that construction can be woeful. Have the vendor check that aspect.

Recent SP Beli are a treat. They don't have the nuance, complexity of the Molinos, but a beautiful depth of flavour.

I'm blown away by the Molinos complexity as well. Tons of little nuisances coming and going throughout. What a treat!

• Like 1

I just discovered this brand and am pretty impressed - the Non Plus are fantastic as well as the Beli. Great for a change of pace.

I know the power of suggestion is very strong, but I swear that one flavor is driftwood by the seaside!

• Like 1

Yeah, I know - I got a box on the 24:24. Ha!

Should arrive next week and I'll hit one up ROTT. Rereading this thread has set me drooling - 30 days? Nah, I'll drybox for a couple of days and see how they go.

Sancho and I are best friends!

Whenever those threads come up about that deserted island where you can only pick one cigar for the rest of eternity, it would have to be the Molinos for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said

• 4 months later...

I put out some feelers a couple months ago to 2 of my trusted vendors looking for a list of items, a box of Molinos was on that list.
As time has went by the items on "the list" were all found and acquired accept for the Sancho Molinos. Started to think this might be harder to find than originally anticipated.
That was until last week when one of my vendors found 2 boxes from 2000. Pretty damn excited!!!

0239e26a994b5b9a7a430323e7414da0.jpgd3beed29a9ff307adb5172cc4c099ad0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4