Sancho Panza

Guest photorob

Agree on the Sancho Coronas. I came across some 01 Coronas while on the road for work. Loved the one I sampled, bought 3 boxes and killed 1 already this summer.

47ff0939871330f7c702d060f1f45048.jpg

• 2 years later...

Very unique. I associate it to more old school Cuban flavors. I'm partial to unique, so I enjoy them. If you haven't tried any SP, I recommend you at least get 5 singles to form your own opinion. I think you will either love them or probably never buy any more again. The key is to get quality though, because I've seen a lot of crappy SP around.

I'm currently smoking through a box of 08 Belicosos and they're wonderful.   The blend is not for everyone, but if you like it, then you love it. 

Molinos were a little bit more floral to me, and although started in that classic driftwood profile, would often develop a marzipan, ketone (magic marker pen) like sweetness in the final third. Absolutely lovely

Bachillieres, were a bit more robust, and earthy, a nice punchy little smoke.

not to much experience with the Non plus, Sanchos or Coronas Gigantes.

I dont think Sancho Panza is a brand you want to buy blind, seeing and smelling is pretty key

• Thanks 1

I love the marca, but only find myself wanted to reach for one every couple of months or so as a change of pace cigar. I bought 3 boxes of the Corona Gigantes from someone who had stocked up upon their discontinuation but ended up going through them so slowly he found he had more than a lifetime's supply. I only just now opened the second box and they are already 15 years old.

I have a box of Non Plus on the way. Never tried them. A crapshoot, but the box was relatively cheap. Fingers crossed. Shame my Upmann PC's are history. Ugh

Sancho Panza is a unique brand that is very well to deep aging. I managed to smoke Molinos 2007 release, a very good cigar. The recent discovery was Vegueros Especiales no.1 and no.2, which after released did not become popular and remained dead weight in the warehouses, but after 15-17 years became a hit. By nature, they are very similar to SP.

Box just showed up today. Nice construction. Firmly packed, hopefully not plugged. They have a very different aroma, like sea salt. Not typical barnyard. 

20181208_145454.jpg

20181208_145741.jpg

20181208_145841.jpg

• Like 1

Salt?? Driftwood?? I never would have thought that these would be flavors that blew my mind in a cigar until a BOTL hooked me up with a fiver of SP Quijotes ('10 RE ESP)...my, my, my!! These were the flavors + leather and the BALANCE! These remain as one (out of two) of the best cigar experiences in my life. I've only been regularly smoking cigars for about 5 years but can't imagine these SPs getting dethroned...they were fabulous. Best part is that I was going through my cooli the other day and I have one left...oh yeah!!

• Like 1