The worst gifts you have received....

22 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

I think that was a “gag” gift, since so many SnS members seem to get their feelings hurt on a regular basis.  I agree I thought it was weird to get the tissues,  though. 

Yeah, I get it, but it left a sour taste in my mouth regarding it. I feel the people who were complaining should have received the tissues, and not the people who shelled out $155 for the membership, but that is why I didn't join up this year, and maybe next year as well. Maybe my feelings are way too involved, but I felt it was in bad taste. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, irratebass said:

Yeah, I get it, but it left a sour taste in my mouth regarding it. I feel the people who were complaining should have received the tissues, and not the people who shelled out $155 for the membership, but that is why I didn't join up this year, and maybe next year as well. Maybe my feelings are way too involved, but I felt it was in bad taste. 

I understand completely.  I think the coins and membership cards are useless, too. However, I do enjoy the cigars and the t-shirt, and in recent years there have been some very useful (and unexpected) treats in the kit, such as the black SnS pocket torch lighter (use it all the time), the Dopp kit (I actually use it as well) and the Xikar cutter.  

I have considered dropping my membership as well but I’m still there, for now. 

My Grandmother who was a mental wreck from ww11 used to give me my dead grandfathers hankies can never have enough and should always carry one had his initials on them as well

One of my brothers gives the worst Christmas gifts, The thing is, he spends a good amount of money on them & gives it quite a bit of thought 

For example, I like to hunt- including waterfowl such as geese and ducks. I am well equipped with all the gear I need. It’s all items I’ve used successfully in the field for years. - - Well, one December I get the dreaded Christmas package in the mail from my brother. Inside, I find a bunch of bird calls. But these have come from some kind of bird watchers/lovers shop. I am all set if I ever decide to hunt sparrows, robins, chickadees, etc  ?

These things weren’t cheap.

I keep telling my brother to just get me a gift card from some of my favorite sporting goods stores. He replies ‘That’s boring and doesn’t take much thought or effort.”

Oh well. I guess his heart is in the right place. He means well.

Simultaneously one of the worst but also one of the funniest gifts I have ever received. I got this cook book (yes it is a real cook book), as a leaving gift from a work colleague with a rather strange sense of humour. As grossed out as I was looking through it, I couldn't help cracking up in laughter at the same time.
9781481227049.jpg.817322322f0b0e6479c6f70d90099951.jpg