To avoid getting into a routine, I tend to ‘force’ myself to enjoy the full depth of my collection by moving new boxes into rotation when they mature to my tastes.

By doing so I believe my palate stays fresher and more flexible.

As I continue buying, I am often still surprised by the yield from the annual harvest from my storage. 

After the box is empty....gone is gone, let it go; there will always be new sticks

• Like 3

I tend to burn through a box that's on pretty quick.  The curse is the $$ it takes to develop such a collection so that one is always smoking cigars that are on.

• Like 3

Brilliant observations and advice, guys. I found the same shite happening with my wall o whiskey. So turns out my favorites are either

Very expensive and hard to find or, cheap as chump change and easy to find elsewhere not here, in Cannuckistan.

Got the $$ ones and ask for a DNA sample before sharing. Got a 4 pack of Eagle Rare and you can have some if I like ya.

?

CB

Brilliant observations and advice, guys. I found the same shite happening with my wall o whiskey. So turns out my favorites are either
Very expensive and hard to find or, cheap as chump change and easy to find elsewhere not here, in Cannuckistan.
Got the $$ ones and ask for a DNA sample before sharing. Got a 4 pack of Eagle Rare and you can have some if I like ya.

CB
Is that the standard eagle rare, or the antique collection 17 year? d13559773815dad3557ff9a99fd507b5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

I don’t let myself spend more than 5 minutes choosing a cigar. If I’m still having trouble by then... principe. 

Just goes to show different strokes... part of the fun for me is thinking about what I’ll light up during the evenig over the course of the day.

Going over my options (depending on likely time available) is always fun. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hutch said:

Last cigar ?!? Hell, I panic when I open the last box of a favorite !

I have a box of BLP NOV 08 898s i still haven’t cracked. I almost feel like I never will. I keep them at the bottom of my humidor to avoid temptation. Out of sight, out of mind

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

I have a box of BLP NOV 08 898s i still haven’t cracked. I almost feel like I never will. I keep them at the bottom of my humidor to avoid temptation. Out of sight, out of mind

Oh man.  My really close friend got married a month ago and his uncle brought a box of 898s from that same year to the reception.  One of the better smokes I've ever had.  They are smoking great at the moment.  Not trying to add to the temptation list, but I am impressed by your patience!!

• Like 2

Oh man.  My really close friend got married a month ago and his uncle brought a box of 898s from that same year to the reception.  One of the better smokes I've ever had.  They are smoking great at the moment.  Not trying to add to the temptation list, but I am impressed by your patience!!
I'm almost certain he bought them aged. I must have looked at them a hundred times and never committed. My box from 2017 is killer.

4 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I'm almost certain he bought them aged. I must have looked at them a hundred times and never committed. My box from 2017 is killer.

He bought them new, but he's in that fortunate position of having deep enough stock that he has plenty aged to smoke while the rest sits.  Not sure he's any more patient than me, just been doing it for a long time at a much higher volume.  But whenever you crack that box open, it will be an experience!  I've been looking for a high quality box of them.  We will see if I can make it 10 years (my guess is no).

2 hours ago, blakeLA said:

He bought them new, but he's in that fortunate position of having deep enough stock that he has plenty aged to smoke while the rest sits.  Not sure he's any more patient than me, just been doing it for a long time at a much higher volume.  But whenever you crack that box open, it will be an experience!  I've been looking for a high quality box of them.  We will see if I can make it 10 years (my guess is no).

I think @prodigy meant that I bought my box aged. He knows where i got them. He should regret not having bought a box as well - especially at the deal they were up for ? I bought 2. They’re excellent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

I think @prodigy meant that I bought my box aged. He knows where i got them. He should regret not having bought a box as well - especially at the deal they were up for ? I bought 2. They’re excellent. 

Ahhhhh gotcha.  We all have those ones we regret not buying!