Best smoking experiences in 2018 - no limits

- Atabey Delirios
ebb18a36abd446c0b8bf554dc97f5757.jpg

I gotta give it to Atabey...they’re expensive, but every time I’ve had one, they’ve been consistent!

I smoked 2 pieces of Robusto Grande, but it was a cigar exchange, not a purchase. They hide the origin of a mixture of tobacco, were You able to determine that is to your liking? I think there's an aged Dominican and Costa Rican tobacco blend...
  • Like 1

I smoked 2 pieces of Robusto Grande, but it was a cigar exchange, not a purchase. They hide the origin of a mixture of tobacco, were You able to determine that is to your liking? I think there's an aged Dominican and Costa Rican tobacco blend...

I’ve also only tried a few, the Divinos and I believe the Ritos....as far as I’ve heard, it’s a Costa Rican tobacco blend and they’ve been aged for 5 years. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed each one and was probably the closest NC cigar to a Cuban that I’ve tried. So far, they have been consistent and of great construction. It’s funny though because I find myself hesitant to buy more at their price point, but will willingly buy blind on Cuban cigars at the same price point unknowing if the construction or flavor will be any good.

• Like 3

No particular order.

"13 RASS

"13 Punch punch

'13 HURR

'12 Siglo VI

'06 Por Laranaga Lonsdale

• Like 2

My best smoking experiences of 2018.

• La Escepcion Selections Finos. (Smoked a handful over the year, none disappointed)
  • Bolivar Bosphorus Turkey RE. (STRONG cigar but flavourful. Glad I got my hands on a few)
  • Trinidad La Trova.  (Great new release.  Same vitola as the 1966 too.  Love it)
  • Quai D'Orsay Corona PEL MAR 01. (Fantastic aged sample of a personal favourite)
  • RA 898 2002.  Always a pleasure to smoke one of these. 
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, hedgeybaby said:

This? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6j0TFtsblw

That's the one.  Alegria is one of my favourite Cirque du Soleil shows (super disappointed I never got the chance to see it live), and I watched both it and Corteo that night with that cigar.  

I was on a weekend trip to a seaside resort in Germany with the family , and the      disused hotel bar turned out to have a small desk top humidor with a Quintero Favorito in it that must have been there for years . I smoked it on the beach and it was just wonderful , absolutely unexpected but unforgettable

• Like 3

On 12/15/2018 at 5:38 AM, madandana said:

My best cigar- a 2014 Hamlet I broke out , it was pure honey heaven.

But when you say smoking experience it has nothing to do with a cigar. It’s more about the people I’m with. For me that was probably our first night in Havana in November. Meet up with the boys from Oz at Otramanera Rob A , Rob C, Fuzz. Stan, Glen, Ian, Westy, Clive, Ben, Jose,Havana Mike, Havana Kelly, Dana and probably a few others I’m forgetting.

I guess it was just that feeling of being back in Cuba for a week hanging with group. Don’t even know what I was smoking...Probably a Alex Corona.

Picking up a bundle on Sunday!

H Upmann Magnum 50 Serie Sevilla.

Blew my mind really. Maybe I did not expect it. I expected a run off the mill Magnum 50 with an “anejados” wrapper.

What I got was a Magnum 50 with an anejados wrapper!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sat with a cigar by the fire pit at the end of the garden, by myself or with friends. We had a large tree taken down a couple of years ago and in the space it opened up we created an outside room effectively. Anytime of year it's been my little oasis - photos are of tonight and back in the summer.36c0c006860891bd25ea212c6943453d.jpg87a386f76a8bf9509f80f5f1840ee676.jpg

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1