Trinidad Fundadores (ARS MAY 2018) 12DCRC

3 hours ago, Toast & Taste said:

Did you actually say "tinned bamboo shoots" ?  ?

Indeed I did, they have an unusual nutty, sweet woody vegetal character, very similar to cashew nuts.  This flavour was a burst with literally lasted a second or two. Some may say "shut your mouth, and only mention things that are established 'accepted flavours'"  well to those people, knock yourselves out. 

I call it "Clint Eastwood syndrome" 

images.jpeg

giphy.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Toast & Taste said:

More power to you.

My descriptors consist of:  Great, good, okay, crap...

Big Al

Hey Al,

Sorry I wasn't referencing you, and I didn't mean for it to sound negative.

All I was saying in a way. Is that I find it odd that many a comfortable is saying cigars "can" taste of chocolate, coffee, and leather. But "cannot" taste of anything else.  Like there is a rule book somewhere.  Thanks for the reply dude. And enjoy your Fundis, I hope they continue to be great.

Cheers

Call - no worries, no negativity taken. I am jealous of those who can identify what they taste. I simply don't have that ability. I can do it with fine wines, no problem. But when it comes to cigars, I can only taste general profiles, nothing detailed. That's why I don't post reviews - they would be immensely boring.?

Big Al

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, crking3 said:

Awesome review ! Now I want a box ......With that said some of you descriptors are a bit much ....then again you really sell it well ...the flavors are explained subjectively but in a way that might make sense for someone to experience ....I liked reading this a lot even tho I did the “ha, yea okay....”-look a few times lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers. Yeah we're all different. And palettes/references that lead us to different conclusions about the flavour of cigars. Coffee for instance, I rarely ever get the true flavour of coffee in a cigar, yet many on FOA seems to be getting coffee in every other cigar.

I think everyone doing reviews is great, sharing the passion and trying to work out why we love these things so much. Occasionally small correlations are reached and the sometimes the community agrees.  I find it fascinating

On 12/17/2018 at 8:59 AM, 99call said:

Hey Al,

Sorry I wasn't referencing you, and I didn't mean for it to sound negative.

All I was saying in a way. Is that I find it odd that many a comfortable is saying cigars "can" taste of chocolate, coffee, and leather. But "cannot" taste of anything else.  Like there is a rule book somewhere.  Thanks for the reply dude. And enjoy your Fundis, I hope they continue to be great.

Cheers

I loved the review and flavor descriptions. I’ve never had a Fundadores, but now I’m probably going to buy a box based on your review. Thanks. 

• Like 1