Partagas Series No.1 Limitada 12DCRC

Partagas Series 1 LE

This review has to be an abort. I cannot actually discuss the cigar in much length because the example smoked so poorly. It was well cared for and seemed in tip top shape. However, the cigar was odd from the start: it lit unevenly and didn’t sustain a burn. Problematic lighting led to poor burning and then, the dreaded canoe action where one half of the cigar burns far faster and ashes away exposing a long glowing coal that still hasn’t burned the other half and the wrapper is well retarded on the remaining half. 

Flavors that were apparent included some nice woods, earthiness. I will say, though it cannot typify the cigar as the smoking experience was so poor, that it tastes more like a domestic dark cigar than a cuban. The funk, what folks call twang or barnyard funk (for our wine aficionados) seemed absent. Again, this can’t qualify as a review, just an aborted and sub-optimal experience. 

Note: the far greater canoeing experience happened after the second photo but one can clearly see that it has begun here  

As we all, know, Hecho a Manos. These aren’t machine made widgets; there will be errors. That said, I look forward to trying this again when I can lay my hands on one. 

narrative version: If you had worked a hard day, got into your car and were about to have a great night out, and then you got the call: you have to ditch your plans and head back in to head off a work emergency.

2C723486-DAAA-42D3-BA22-EDD8CB78CA02.jpeg

9EA91A8B-EB09-4AC1-A9AD-21621DA0EC7C.jpeg

That's very disappointing. I hope if you decide to get more, that future endeavors will be more promising. I've only smoked a handful of these myself, but they haven't been this bad. Maybe good to mediocre, but not terrible. I'd say a good few years would greatly improve this cigar. Hasn't compared to the wonderful Punch EL'17 and Talisman I've experienced. Anyway, thanks for the review!