What book are you reading over the Christmas/New Year break?

4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

and dangerman

Dangerman is the same as Secret Agent. It was called Dangerman in England and overseas with the Edmond Atchley (not sure I spelled his name right) orchestra doing the music: and then re-named Secret Agent in the U.S.A. with that Johnny Rivers cool tune, "Secret Agent man! Secret Agent man! They've given you a number; and taken away your name!"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Room on the broom The pout pout fish One fish two fish Goodnight moon 5x each so far this weekend

Strange gift from the strange uncle...

Currently rereading the first book in the dark tower series.  The Gunslinger.   Fantastic read.  

Just now, cigcars said:

Dangerman is the same as Secret Agent. It was called Dangerman in England and overseas with the Edmond Atchley (not sure I spelled his name right) orchestra doing the music: and then re-named Secret Agent with that Johnny Rivers cool tune, "Secret Agent man! Secret Agent man! They've given you a number; and taken away your name!"

did not know this. interesting. good show. often on very late at night here. but no johnny rivers tune. 

many many years ago, was in bangor maine or wherever is the town where stephen king is supposed to live (i think bangor maine but memory may have played tricks) - we were there because one idiot mate was convinced that if we went we would meet him. i'll confess that even to this day, i have never read a word he has written - not sure why. anyway, while my idiot mate and a few others rushed off to scour the town and meet him, i went to the post office (days of mail - that long ago). suddenly there is a bloke in the next queue opposite me, fairly scruffy looking bloke, handing over a smallish box saying that yes, he had finally finished his latest manuscript and here it was. he and the person behind the desk had a yack. obviously knew each other. 
to this day, i have no idea if it was him (i was going to ask and then i thought, no, it will drive my mate far more insane if i can't tell him either way and of course, i did not mention this until we were several hours drive away). i assume that plenty of authors live around there. 
it was that sort of trip. we also drove all the way to freehold new jersey as it was bruce's home town and then to the stone pony and the boardwalk and so on. 

That’s a pretty good story. I’ve seen him speak at the famous Ryman in Nashville once. Watched him sign a book for me during the meet and great. Had a few words. Shook hands. Nothing crazy but it was awesome experience. I’d love to take a trip to Bangor. That is indeed where he lives. Pretty creepy looking house if I don’t say so myself.

22 hours ago, cigcars said:

Dangerman is the same as Secret Agent. It was called Dangerman in England and overseas with the Edmond Atchley (not sure I spelled his name right) orchestra doing the music: and then re-named Secret Agent in the U.S.A. with that Johnny Rivers cool tune, "Secret Agent man! Secret Agent man! They've given you a number; and taken away your name!"

great tune

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hoyopr said:

great tune

OOOOOO, I'M DANCIN', I'M DANCIN', and air guitarin'! THANKS!!

Just now, RichUK said:

Currently, 'How Apollo Flew to the Moon' by W. David Woods. A visit to NASA in October reignited by interest in space travel.

I love NASA related books!  Recently went through a few.

Highly recommend Apollo 8 by Jeffrey Kluger and Flight by Chris Kraft.  Such amazing books.  

4 minutes ago, RyviaUSA said:

I love NASA related books!  Recently went through a few.

Highly recommend Apollo 8 by Jeffrey Kluger and Flight by Chris Kraft.  Such amazing books.  

My wife bought me Apollo 8 for Christmas, I shall check out Flight too, thank you.