MoeFOH

Clubs... Something new for 2019... We invite you to give it a try!

No doubt about it, we love great content... And the Waterhole provides that in abundance.

However, there’s often the instance where a narrow/unique/esoteric field of interest crops up which folks want to discuss in more depth and on an ongoing basis. What’s required in that case is a better-equipped place than the Waterhole to handle such a discussion.

Which is why we now have Clubs. We invite you to give it a try!

(Please read the details below thoroughly before doing so!)

What is “Clubs”?

Clubs is a relatively new feature Invison have incorporated into IP Board. Clubs is used to start groups for a particular interest: e.g. B&W Photography, Tarantino Films, Fly-Fishing… Anything that covers a unique area of interest and still falls within the FOH forum rules for topics of discussion. Before starting a Club, please go and take a refresher course on those rules: https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/37-foh-forum-rules/

The Club’s basis must be a little more defined than a simply broad genre. As per above: Tarantino Films rather than just Films.

A Club is essentially a mini forum of your own. You can utilise various features of the Invision Power Board such as Gallery, Calendar, Blogs… So it’s way better than just a sub-forum. You can assign your own moderators, too, if the need arises. However, remember, existing FOH Admins & Mods can still adjudicate on any Club’s content.

So, if there's a topic you think you'd love to delve into on a more regular basis (outside the Waterhole) and you believe other members would feel similarly, then you can crank up a Club to cater for it.

How do I start a Club, what’s the process?

1. Any member with 50+ posts and a clean slate (no warnings or bans) can start one (we vet this manually, so don’t start a Club if you fall short of these minimums--it will be deleted),  just go here:

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 9.22.06 am.png

Once on the Clubs page, just click “Start A Club” and follow the prompts. You’ll see a couple of sample Clubs we’ve already set-up.

2. When you start a Club, you automatically become the Leader (Administrator) of that Club.

3. All Clubs are first vetted for approval by FOH Admins.

4. After approval, you can then allow/invite others to join your Club, assign your own moderators, get to adding content, and so on.

5. If you are a member of a Club, then content updates also appear across the normal forum--such as the Topics sidebar. So you don’t always have to visit the club to see current activity.

That's it in a nutshell.

So, if you've got an idea for one, then dive in and get a Club started! Post up any questions you have to this thread. 

Cheers,

Steve.

• Thanks 1

Hi Moe -- I started the Los Angeles Herfers, but when people joined I didn't get any notifications about it. It would be nice if there's a switch that can be flipped to allow club owners to see when someone joins, so we can approve the membership request.

Thanks -- and happy new year, mate!

Paul

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

Hi Moe -- I started the Los Angeles Herfers, but when people joined I didn't get any notifications about it. It would be nice if there's a switch that can be flipped to allow club owners to see when someone joins, so we can approve the membership request.

Thanks -- and happy new year, mate!

Paul

Hmmm... That should be happening automatically already. Let me look into it. 

Happy New Year to you, too!

Cheers. 

• Like 1

It finally is happening as of this morning -- I'm getting the top of the page notifications now.

Thank you!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SenorPerfecto said:

It finally is happening as of this morning -- I'm getting the top of the page notifications now.

Thank you!

Excellent! Good luck with the Club, Paul. Let me know how it goes or if you need anything else support-wise. 

Cheers. 

• Like 2

Very cool. With this post, Im just a little closer to the required 100 posts I need to start a club. LOL. 🤗

A NYC group would be nice. We can include Northern NJ and Southern Westchester (South of White Plains). Anybody got time for that? I dont :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JaeVee said:

A NYC group would be nice. We can include Northern NJ and Southern Westchester (South of White Plains). Anybody got time for that? I dont :(

Id like to see a NYC chat myself

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, houdini said:

Id like to see a NYC chat myself

There is one already there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

There is one already there.

Im still rather new here....where? And thanks!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, houdini said:

Im still rather new here....where? And thanks!

There’s a screen grab in Steve’s first post at the top of this thread which shows you where to find it.

• Like 2

Nice work Steve :thumbsup:

Where Govts try to build barriers for the cigar community, this FOH Clubs service is about bringing people together at a community/interest level. 

• Like 2

Awesome. Not sure where to accept the invites but I'll look around now. Will be in Westchester Westchester tomorrow and Friday. Doc James in Mamaroneck is awesome for NCs, and to smoke in by the way. 

1 hour ago, jlb said:

Very cool. Surprised there is no biker club yet. 

There’s a bike section in the Motor Heads Club. 👍

• Like 2

I'd love to see a Toronto club or even an Ontario one! I'm interested in seeing where this goes!
Me too

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

... guns and US politics, Christian's club please!!! 🤣

-Piggy

(Was too ripe to pass up!)

• Haha 1

... guns and US politics, Christian's club please!!! 
-Piggy
(Was too ripe to pass up!)
For 100

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk