Sign in to follow this  
Blazer

Cuban “Twang”

I had spoken to @NSXCIGAR not too long ago and he mentioned that the early 2000s Monte 4s did have a bit of a pleasant twang/tang taste to them (if my memory serves me correctly).

6 hours ago, Luca said:

I had spoken to @NSXCIGAR not too long ago and he mentioned that the early 2000s Monte 4s did have a bit of a pleasant twang/tang taste to them (if my memory serves me correctly).

Almost...I've tried quite a few Monte 4s from 07-09 that now after 10 years have a lot of "tanginess" but I would say this for them is a primary flavor characteristic and distinct from the Cuban "twang". I think Monte is known for a bit of citrus tanginess in the profile and I just think these are more pronounced, whether Monte from 07-09 was like that fresh or whether age has brought it out more. 

The Cuban twang, to me, is a characteristic in almost all Cuban cigar tobacco. It could be described as a sort of tanginess, but I would actually use the word "tartiness" more, like a pure citric acid. I know, tang-tart-citric is all in the same ballpark, but if it can be dissected, that's how I'd do it.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 12:25 AM, mt1 said:

I personally don't think this shows anything about that person being able to tell from the smell of the smoke.  Nobody is coming up to me and saying "hey, are you smoking a Nicaraguan cigar?"...it's always Cuban this, Cuban that.

That being said, I don't think I could tell a Cuban from a non-Cuban from second-hand smoke from another room.

MT1 if I smoke a non Cuban in my basement my entire house smells horribly for days. If I smoke a Cuban my basement will have that fantastic Cuban smell and the smell will only last a day at most. There's a big difference in smell in my opinion. One's a nasty stench and the other smells amazing. lol

Only cigar I can say that had a distinct 'twang' all the way through was a young PLPC - kinda a sourish apple/manure.. Tastes nicer than it sounds 😄

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 6:29 PM, BeerPimp said:

I have only smoked 2 CC so I have no clue about Cuban Twang.   But I was told once by a wise man that is due to a undiscovered element know as Cubonium or Cb for short.

When I am able to acquire some CC for testing I will report back my findings.

Sorry mate, Cb is already taken as a known element in the periodic table...