The best box codes seen in 2018

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MSU is on fire.     ---  

Top 20 by the numbers as a % of boxes opened (with a minimum of 4 mastercases).  MSU UGO UEB MOL ESL UAO LGR UTL ABO REG A

Based on my best boxes of 2018, I’d have to agree. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 4:14 PM, El Presidente said:

The best box codes seen in 2018

I will collate my list on Sunday/Monday. it is simply based upon % of PSP/HQ per number of boxes.  

In the meantime, can you let us know what box codes really stood out for you  throughout your  2018 purchases? 

let's see what trends emerge :ok:

One bonus question?.....your best quality box (and box code) purchased in 2018?  if you get the urge, post a photo for us. 

@El Presidente did you end up putting that list together? 

59 minutes ago, Jonboy4074 said:
2 hours ago, ohbob976 said:
That might be the nicest looking cigar I ever did see. Did it smoke as good as it looked? 

It was so good. My best cigar this year. Perfect draw and burn. Classic RyJ profile with multiple transitions and complexity through the roof. Amazing.

I have watched these RyJ Churchill boxes on 24:24 all year and passed on getting any because my Belicosos are just so so-so. I might have to get a single or two at some point!

• Like 1

I have watched these RyJ Churchill boxes on 24:24 all year and passed on getting any because my Belicosos are just so so-so. I might have to get a single or two at some point!
Do it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Here's a pic of the 2nd one I smoked. Brilliant.
09b1a2e5485dd1c601fc93e9d2895886.jpg
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/5/2019 at 9:13 PM, El Presidente said:

Top 20 by the numbers as a % of boxes opened (with a minimum of 4 mastercases). 

1. MSU
  2. UGO
  3. UEB
  4. MOL
  5. ESL
  6. UAO
  7. LGR
  8. UTL
  9. ABO
  10. REG
  11. ASR
  12. RUM
  13. ROM
  14. TPO
  15. RAG
  16. MSA
  17. EPM
  18. UBM
  19. GOS
  20. BUP

Pres, are you able to tell us what the full name of each of these factories are? much appreciated.

8 hours ago, Pigpen said:

Do these codes change each year ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in the recent past. It seems to be every other year or so for close to the last decade.  They recently changed in November 2019, prior to that, it was May 2017 I believe.  

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, Girardian said:

New post on an old thread.  Any feedback on REG in late 2017?  This is a Cohiba box code so wondering if it's El Laguito.  

I think El Laguito went from UAO to MAR this year. I think REG is a separate factory.

1 hour ago, Girardian said:

New post on an old thread.  Any feedback on REG in late 2017?  This is a Cohiba box code so wondering if it's El Laguito.  

REG was a solid code. Not EL. 

I didn't see too many poor cigars with that code. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
20 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

It's BSM now. Very good code! 

Agreed. While I'm still uncertain on where I stand on the Trinidad Reyes as far as my personal flavor profile preferences go, the two boxes I have from BSM are undoubtedly fantastic in terms of quality.