WINNER ANNOUNCED!! 2019 Fat Bastid Competition

15 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Sorry to butt in. The plan is easy. Consistently eat around 1600-2000 calories per day of real, mostly unprocessed food. Exercise 3 times a week. Or walk loads.

3 months should see most people drop 10kg or there abouts.

Consistency is key.

The difficulty is sticking to it emoji16.png

True, but that is largely situationally dependent.  For instance, as someone who is already engaged in a heavy training regimen consisting of 6-7x weekly lifting sessions and 2-3 mile swims, recomp is trickier than simply dropping caloric intake.  I've been looking to drop carbs completely from my diet and engage in less cardio and increase rest time between sets during my lifting sessions to control appetite.  I'm considering adding some steady state cardio and 5x weekly sauna sessions as well, but I have had bad luck in the past dropping weight in the appropriate places while keeping strength up by simply reducing caloric intake. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome comp guys! Glad to have found a new lifestyle as a result. Bought my first pair of size 36 jeans in a couple of decades. Plan to stick with it by keeping to my recipes! Thanks F

Starting weight of 231.4, current as of this morning 199 Shocked and thrilled at the same time

Give yourself a little bit of extra credit with the scribble-out there or what? You almost got to the knee! My congratulations if I'm mistaken. Ha ha... 

16 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Sorry to butt in. The plan is easy. Consistently eat around 1600-2000 calories per day of real, mostly unprocessed food. Exercise 3 times a week. Or walk loads.

3 months should see most people drop 10kg or there abouts.

Consistency is key.

The difficulty is sticking to it emoji16.png

I'm going to increase time spent with my  toddler nephew and niece to try and pick up a particularly nasty stomach bug :2thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dominattorney said:

True, but that is largely situationally dependent.  For instance, as someone who is already engaged in a heavy training regimen consisting of 6-7x weekly lifting sessions and 2-3 mile swims, recomp is trickier than simply dropping caloric intake.  I've been looking to drop carbs completely from my diet and engage in less cardio and increase rest time between sets during my lifting sessions to control appetite.  I'm considering adding some steady state cardio and 5x weekly sauna sessions as well, but I have had bad luck in the past dropping weight in the appropriate places while keeping strength up by simply reducing caloric intake. 

But you don't sound like a fat bastid ?

5 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Here is something that I made earlier this week and it is tasty! I tried to put this into metrics for those not using lbs-ounces-cups etc.

Shrimp-Pepita-Cranberry-Kale Salad

1 lb (500 grams) raw or cooked and deveined medium shrimp or you can use salmon as well

1 large bunch of kale, stemmed and torn into pieces

1/4 cup (~85 grams) pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or you can use sesame seeds

1/3 (~115 grams) cup dried cranberries

1/4 (~85 grams) cup slivered almonds

1 teaspoon olive oil

You can use whatever dressing you like. I prefer a citrusy vinaigrette like this one: https://www.primalkitchen.com/collections/dressing-and-marinade/products/lemon-turmeric-dressing Of course you can always make your own dressing as well. The store bought makes it so much easier.

Directions: heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute the kale for 2 - 3 minutes. Put kale into large bowl. Add cooked shrimp, pepitas, cranberries, and almonds. Lightly pour dressing over, serve. 

You get lean protein, a great veggie, and some nuts and seeds as well as other healthy oils. The cranberries add a little sweetness to keep it interesting.

I bet if you swapped out the dried cranberries for fresh pomegranate you'd pretty much get perfection there. A lot of dried cranberries are around 70% sugar from the drying process, sneaky little gits

9 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I'm going to increase time spent with my  toddler nephew and niece to try and pick up a particularly nasty stomach bug :2thumbs:

This works.  I spent time with my 1 year old nephew last month and picked up a nasty stomach bug and dropped 7 lbs. I don't recommend it though...not very fun.  :P 

• Haha 1

1.67M

77.2KGs checking in

At my height I am probably one of the more dense human beings around. Pun intended lmao.

Also, would anyone get a consolation for GAINING the most weight? I mean... Chinese New Year is just around the corner lmao!!!

800e81ef51055ab3b53fcca6a511bf7d.jpg

eabfef37dd546cf55b26396a0ad21638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, dominattorney said:

Nice.  What is your plan to reach your goals?

Keto diet, reduced alcohol and more exercise

• Thanks 1

Ok.....end of October 2018 my holiday eating began with Halloween. I was 172-174lbs then....as of January 13th 2019

187.8lbs! My goal.....back to 172lbs. How you may ask......#1) eating habits, #2) cardio at the gym and most importantly #3) back to Bikram Yoga (aka Hot Yoga 107 degrees F with 45% humidity for 90 minutes). .......and GO!

DF9F2F9A-0935-4B87-8F41-60B7CE50029E.jpeg

I am in. I present to you...my ridiculousness. Jesus...am I that hairy?!

Goal is to lose 100lbs this year. In 2015 I lost 115lbs then schedule at work changed (shift work) and I got lazy. Went 335 to 220 in a year. I can do it again. 

For these two months I should lost 20lbs. 

304lbs/139kg starting weight. 

3F1F596E-810C-4F7C-9A67-4BA4FF16D8DF.jpeg

When I changed before

0F13B1AC-3F6F-4883-8631-CEAC55124736.jpeg

• Like 3