WINNER ANNOUNCED!! 2019 Fat Bastid Competition

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome comp guys! Glad to have found a new lifestyle as a result. Bought my first pair of size 36 jeans in a couple of decades. Plan to stick with it by keeping to my recipes! Thanks F

Starting weight of 231.4, current as of this morning 199 Shocked and thrilled at the same time

Give yourself a little bit of extra credit with the scribble-out there or what? You almost got to the knee! My congratulations if I'm mistaken. Ha ha... 

33 minutes ago, Wertman said:

I am down 13 pounds so far.  Feeling great going to eat a little extra this week as its my birthday Tuesday and super bowl today.  After that it's balls to the wall.    Only 6 more weeks to go and i want to lose another 30-36 pounds.

Good job and happy birthday!

You guys are nailing it, I do fine for 3/4 of the day then I really struggle with hunger and throwing away the gains made earlier in the day. I'm thinking there's something to the old phrase breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and sup like a pauper. 

I'm going to try going for having a large chunk of my calories for breakfast to stoke the boiler instead of a little amount spread out throughout the day. 

Down about 2-3 pounds from start weight but feel like I'm yo-yoing 

How’s the recipe aspect of this coming? I’ve only seen a few. Is everyone holding on to their best ones so other fatties like me don’t start making them and win the weight loss portion?  If three fingers of scotch neat and a psp VR unicos counts as a dinner, that’s what I’ve been making the last few weeks. Low calorie and really great flavors. 

I've only been having meat a couple of times a week, filling up on lots of veg, porridge for breakfast, big cut on dairy, I've found chickpeas incredibly filling:

Drain a tin, get two teaspoons of olive oil in a pan and add half a low salt stock cube, mush into a paste then add the drained chickpeas, mix together and then turn on the heat and keep stirring until they are crispy: 5-7 min. A whole tin is very protein heavy and calorie light (maybe 250 for the whole tin?) I add some fish and veg to this usually and have it as my main meal, not going hungry really as a result but you're getting a stacked plate full of food for around 500-600 calories.

I've been having this for two days then something more interesting in the third day

I've found beef stock the tastiest, the chickpeas end up tasting like chips/fries

• Like 1

Was at 331 last September. Down to 294 at Fat Bastid weigh in and now 287. Eat Boars Head meats and cheese for breakfast and then eat dunch (dinner/lunch at 2:30-3:30). Usually a salad or a steak (luv me some texas ribeye! :2thumbs: ). Whiskey and rum I hope aren't my downfall.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bram Smoker said:

How’s the recipe aspect of this coming? I’ve only seen a few. Is everyone holding on to their best ones so other fatties like me don’t start making them and win the weight loss portion?  If three fingers of scotch neat and a psp VR unicos counts as a dinner, that’s what I’ve been making the last few weeks. Low calorie and really great flavors. 

Breakfast, everyday starts with 2 cups of coffee and a TB of coconut oil.

1/2 small avocado, 1 fried egg, 4 strips bacon.

1/2 cup yogurt with either a dozen blueberries or 3-4 strawberries.

Smoked salmon, cream cheese and slice of red onion.  Slice of tomato if on hand.

Green pork chili with grated cheddar.

Scrambled eggs, ham and cheese.

Some days just the coffee and CO.

Cigar for lunch.....

• Like 2

Hey guys....i'm not participating but very much into the nutrition and weightlifting. Have lots of friends who prep for bodybuilding competitions and when their bodies can't cut weight anymore and hit a plateau their coaches will typically have them do what's called a refeed. 

Essentially your hormones will promote weight gain after a prolonged period of time cutting weight. Those hormones stop that if you give yourself a boost of carbs for one meal.  Also helps boost Leptin which has benefits as well. Below is a link which also cites the academic research behind it. 

I have been on a prolonged strict diet and timed my refeed cheat (an entire bag of chips) for the superbowl. The next day i noticed i actually lost weight because of the previously explained science. 

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/ask-the-nutrition-tactician-whats-the-difference-between-a-refeed-and-a-cheat-day.html

Good luck gents.  Remember whatever you guys plan to do make sure you make it sustainable and it's a lifestyle change! :)  I am not a medical expert but feel free to ask questions and if I know the response I will provide it with evidence based literature to back it up. 

• Like 3