WINNER ANNOUNCED!! 2019 Fat Bastid Competition

Was down approx. 6kg, but as feared, my Canada trip saw me put on 5kg. 110kg as of this morning. :(

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome comp guys! Glad to have found a new lifestyle as a result. Bought my first pair of size 36 jeans in a couple of decades. Plan to stick with it by keeping to my recipes! Thanks F

Starting weight of 231.4, current as of this morning 199 Shocked and thrilled at the same time

Give yourself a little bit of extra credit with the scribble-out there or what? You almost got to the knee! My congratulations if I'm mistaken. Ha ha... 

23 hours ago, El Presidente said:

You guys put me to shame!

down 3.7 kg to 93.1    

Would love to land in the 91's before this is over. 

Hey, don't knock it. 4% down is 4% down. 

Nice one! Keep going. 

Little fat guy spaghetti squash recipe I have been making lately. It isn’t going to replace pasta but you can basically eat as much of this as you want and still not get the number of calories you would get in a bowl of pasta.

Didn’t reinvent the wheel here but I do make a healthy tomato sauce. Start with diced beets, carrots, red onion, and sweet peppers (picture 1). Sauté until soft. Add garlic and tomato. I use multi-color cherry tomatoes because I like the way they cook down. I also add the beet stalks and leaves, which I ribbon before adding (picture 2). Add tomato paste and half cup of water, simmer and add water if it appears dry for your taste (picture 3). Split the spaghetti squash and scoop out the inside. Use half tablespoon olive oil on each and salt/pepper to liking. Bake at 450F for about 30min or until fork soft (picture 4). Fill the squash with the sauce and add some cheese (picture 5). Bake for another 5min or so. Remove and enjoy!

DAB48C6F-BE65-448D-B667-38E6BA4BD6A7.jpeg

D0985871-FEDE-4383-9B17-25583865F825.jpeg

C1802280-20CE-4439-81FB-13A0AFAFDF44.jpeg

76CE288E-7072-4961-AA28-813C0E499137.jpeg

7D1E035A-6FAB-4629-A51C-E2E8C26594B7.jpeg

66FD41FF-14CB-4804-A198-FE29BCEF0CCA.jpeg

Edited by Bram Smoker
Pictures uploaded and don’t match the numbers in the body. Sorry!
  • Like 2

Been raining for weeks here, so the bike rides aren’t happening per plan. I was down 10 lbs just a few weeks in...now down just 4. Going backwards. Must...resist....large....portions. And bacon.

Not moving too fast in the direction I would like. I must say, the 2 abscesses in my mouth and 2 root canals over the past 30 days has helped. ?? In 2013 I weaned myself off all the sweets. It was very difficult. Once I had accomplished that back then the rest was easy. When I mean sweets I am talking cake, pastries, ice cream and the likes of. Fruit I love ?? but not overdoing it. Somehow in June of 2018 those bad habits slowly snuck back in and I was entrenched again. Once I start with the ice cream, cake and pastries, did I mention cookies and pie, they can creep back in like nothing. If I eat any of those for more than a few days in a row I have a problem stopping. Most definitely like an addictive drug. So from mid January of this year till today I have succeeded in getting rid of them. 

Here is a easy recipe for shrimp civeche. It’s not an exact recipe, you can add as much of the ingredients as you like 

one pound cooked shrimp 

handfull of cilantro chopped 

one medium onion 

one pint of cherry tomatoes chopped 

one cucumber chopped 

four cloves of garlic chopped 

juice of 5 or 6 limes 

kosher or pink salt to taste 

pepper to taste 

one jalapeño chopped 

mix and put in fridge for 2 hours or overnight 

A1160E8C-D20A-4A3B-BAA0-8EE7A56C703B.jpeg

A favorite healthy dinner. Grilled Salmon and Asparagus, pickled Maui Onion with Ogo (local seaweed), Turnip Kim Chee, and of course...Poi. Mmm, so ono.?

IMG_3563.thumb.JPG.b6ae1184d5c7703d0500b5c963eac5a1.JPG

Down to 97 kg this morning. Started at 104.3 kg. Strictly following intermittent fasting has really helped cut down my calories. Now, if I could ever get my lazy butt up and workout. 

I'm sorry for being a couple days late on the mid Feb check in. Down to 88.9kg (from 93.9). Chalk it up mostly to intermittent fasting (5pm to 8pm) on weekdays and the rest to exercise (up to 12 miles a week running.) 

I ran 7 miles today started at 223 and this morning I am 199.  I am far exceeding my expectations.  Never thought I could lose this fast.  I think i am doing great.  I am averaging about 30-35 miles a week of running.  Not eating to much really friggin hungry but plowing down protein shakes to try and help.  

• Like 2