Advice - montecristo especial no 1

Wow what a forum.... thank you everyone for your advices. I was hesitant on posting the question and now I've learned so much. I wish I could meet you all and share this box with you guys haha. It's a bit hard tho and you'll have to come to Sweden ?

Thank you again and again for your warm welcoming. Best forum I've been on.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

Yesterday I received my first 24:24 order. It was a box of Montecristo especial no2.... I read that people advice to wait a month or so before smoking after the travel. So I left it. Until today lol! They look absolutely beautiful. It almost hurts to cut it.

First few puffs and WOW. This is what love is all about. Luckily they are up on 24:24 today again and I'm looking at my bank account. I need more. Can't believe they taste so well while still so young. 

To me it's a shorter version of  especial no1. Can't say there is a huge difference more than the size and I think no1 had some more sweet cream and no2 a bit more cocoa. There is still plenty of creamy sweetness in this one too. But the no1 I've tried have all been minimum of 7 years age...

Thanks to this thread I've also found many other beautiful cigars like Trinidad fundadores and Montecristo no 3 and 1 etc.....

Ps. Sorry for any potential mistakes in my writing. English is my 3rd language!

Thank you everyone once again.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Great to hear it all worked out, now you can sit back and enjoy them for a while :)

Thank you @CaptainQuintero! :)

don't worry, I have 5 quinteros in my humidor that I'll try soon aswell. Got them because of your name lol. They must deserve a second shot 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AbasCigar said:

Update!

Yesterday I received my first 24:24 order. It was a box of Montecristo especial no2.... I read that people advice to wait a month or so before smoking after the travel. So I left it. Until today lol! They look absolutely beautiful. It almost hurts to cut it.

First few puffs and WOW. This is what love is all about. Luckily they are up on 24:24 today again and I'm looking at my bank account. I need more. Can't believe they taste so well while still so young. 

To me it's a shorter version of  especial no1. Can't say there is a huge difference more than the size and I think no1 had some more sweet cream and no2 a bit more cocoa. There is still plenty of creamy sweetness in this one too. But the no1 I've tried have all been minimum of 7 years age...

I just read through your thread over my morning coffee and it exemplifies what I love about this forum.  :2thumbs:  Fantastic.

The Espi No 2. is my favorite Monte and it sits firmly in my list of the best Cuban cigars.  They're just so good.  Sounds like you're going to enjoy your first box.  If you can will yourself to put them down for a while they will reward you. OTOH, if you're enjoying them already, then don't be shy to smoke them.  (That's just my opinion, everyone won't share it!)

They're still available on 24:24 right now at clearance price and if people don't get their acts together I may grab a second box.  :lookaround:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aphexafx said:

I just read through your thread over my morning coffee and it exemplifies what I love about this forum.  :2thumbs:  Fantastic.

The Espi No 2. is my favorite Monte and it sits firmly in my list of the best Cuban cigars.  They're just so good.  Sounds like you're going to enjoy your first box.  If you can will yourself to put them down for a while they will reward you. OTOH, if you're enjoying them already, then don't be shy to smoke them.  (That's just my opinion, everyone won't share it!)

They're still available on 24:24 right now at clearance price and if people don't get their acts together I may grab a second box.  :lookaround:

I have to agree! So helpful members.. maybe we should thank the cigars for making people that nice ?

I will let it rest as much as I can. Even tho they are already beautiful but I think some rest will just do them well..

I'm trying to sell some stuff today to grab another box. I have a hard time seeing myself enjoying a cigar more than the Monte especial 1&2.. :)

• Like 1

Abas, rest is mandatory.  But don't take our word for it.  Have one or two right off the truck (ROTT), then go back in 60-90 days and you'll know why it's mandatory.  You'll be shocked at how much it opens up in that short period.  

My first love was a '96 Esplendido.  It was a cosmic experience.  Haven't had one like it since though.  Had many great ones, don't get me wrong.  But I'm glad I didn't have the ability to jump in for a full box.  Haven't had "that" cigar since.  I think heroin addicts call it "chasing the dragon." 

I have had many, many cubans of all kinds and vintage that were down right incredible, and if you explore, you will find that you are hardly missing out by sowing your wild oats. 

I'm smoking a Juan Lopez No.1 I bought on a whim from 24:24 as I type.  It's young and I didn't expect much.  It's a barely mentioned stick.  Never had them before.  Yowza!  Maybe all others suck, but this is in my 2018 top 5.  I've spent a whole lot more for a whole lot less.    

I suggest you skip going all-in for vintage until you have your sea legs.  IMO that's a big premium for too big of a risk until you're familiar with the game. 

Welcome aboard.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rcarlson said:

Abas, rest is mandatory.  But don't take our word for it.  Have one or two right off the truck (ROTT), then go back in 60-90 days and you'll know why it's mandatory.  You'll be shocked at how much it opens up in that short period.  

My first love was a '96 Esplendido.  It was a cosmic experience.  Haven't had one like it since though.  Had many great ones, don't get me wrong.  But I'm glad I didn't have the ability to jump in for a full box.  Haven't had "that" cigar since.  I think heroin addicts call it "chasing the dragon." 

I have had many, many cubans of all kinds and vintage that were down right incredible, and if you explore, you will find that you are hardly missing out by sowing your wild oats. 

I'm smoking a Juan Lopez No.1 I bought on a whim from 24:24 as I type.  It's young and I didn't expect much.  It's a barely mentioned stick.  Never had them before.  Yowza!  Maybe all others suck, but this is in my 2018 top 5.  I've spent a whole lot more for a whole lot less.    

I suggest you skip going all-in for vintage until you have your sea legs.  IMO that's a big premium for too big of a risk until you're familiar with the game. 

Welcome aboard.    

Thank you so much for a super advice!! Appreciate it!

I will try JL No 1&2. Happy that it was a nice surprise for you! It's the best feeling :)