Berlin LCDH

Cheers all,

My wonderful sister will be in Berlin next week and is going to bring me back a box of cigars for my birthday. LCDH Berlin is near her hotel, so I want to keep it simple for her. Are there any German RE’s available right now that are a must try? Thanks guys.

1 hour ago, Derboesekoenig said:

PL Coronas if you can find them. 50 cabs, only 1600 boxes. They were released 3 months ago?

Wow, just looked them up. That would be a pretty cool cigar to have in my collection. Hope they’re still out there. Thanks!

59 minutes ago, sikfrayme said:

correction 1599 boxes.  Customs destroyed one of mine ?

Damn. Sorry for you. Totally destroyed?

3 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Wow, just looked them up. That would be a pretty cool cigar to have in my collection. Hope they’re still out there. Thanks!

If I were you I would have a 2nd and 3rd option. Not easy to find those Coronas.

Maybe give them a call/e-mail and try to find what they have or even reserve.

• Like 1

I’ve never found the LCDH on Fasanenstrasse to have a great selection, whenever I’ve been there, but my timing may just have been unlucky.

I’ve enjoyed much more success with Herzog on Ludwigskirchplatz in the West, and their other shop Herzog am Hafen on Stralauer Allee in the East (great lounge here, btw.)

I picked up a cab of the PL Coronas at the Ludwigskirchplatz shop.

• Like 1

Herzog am Hafen for the win.

You’d have to get very lucky to score PL Coronas and the new Punch RE isn’t out yet.

I would recommend to pick up some HDM Escogidos - they are phenomenal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ayepatz said:

I’ve never found the LCDH on Fasanenstrasse to have a great selection, whenever I’ve been there, but my timing may just have been unlucky.

I’ve enjoyed much more success with Herzog on Ludwigskirchplatz in the West, and their other shop Herzog am Hafen on Stralauer Allee in the East (great lounge here, btw.)

I picked up a cab of the PL Coronas at the Ludwigskirchplatz shop.

I second that. Was in Berlin last August and Zigarren Herzog had a much better selection than the LCDH. Also much better service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oliverdst said:

His sister's hotel is close to LCDH and I think he doesn't want to push his mule to other places.

I insist you should try to contact them.

Worth checking exactly where her hotel is, as Herzog is only 5 mins in a cab or 15 mins walk from the LCDH, and, in the three months I was there last autumn, had a consistently broader selection, including the PL Coronas.?

1 hour ago, ayepatz said:

Worth checking exactly where her hotel is, as Herzog is only 5 mins in a cab or 15 mins walk from the LCDH, and, in the three months I was there last autumn, had a consistently broader selection, including the PL Coronas.?

She’s at the Mercure Hotel MOA, and says the LCDH comes up as closest in a search. But as you say, if it’s only 5 or 10 minutes further to Herzog, that sounds doable. I’ll fill her in with all the intel you guys have given...and challenge her to find some PL Coronas ? One can only hope.

5 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

I would recommend to pick up some HDM Escogidos - they are phenomenal.

Being an LCDH exclusive, is it still possible these could be found at Herzog? 

4 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Being an LCDH exclusive, is it still possible these could be found at Herzog? 

Yes - since all mentioned shops (Herzog am Hafen, Herzog am Ludwigkirchplatz and LCDH) are actually led by the same person -  Mr. Herzog. 

Have a look at their webshop... Escogidos are currently available. Or ask for the PL Coronas by mail and pre-order a box... In the webshop the PLs are sold out, but since severals Casa in Germany still have some boxes available it´s worth asking ? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Islandboy said:

That’s what I figured. Same with Bolivar Tesoro I suppose?

Tesoro are tough to find, but apprently a few floating around still. I'm searching myself...If you come across enough for both of us in Germany, please let me know!

Tesoro are tough to find, but apprently a few floating around still. I'm searching myself...If you come across enough for both of us in Germany, please let me know!

Long gone. Whatever is left in Poland is picked up and immediately resold on FB - even frankenboxes.