What are you listening to?

Listening to Black Joe Lewis out of Austin,TX. Great rock/blues that generates a lot of energy. I love how he incorporates a strong horns section as part of his sting rock and blues sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

Florence and the Machine - heard a set on the radio that was broadcast from Splendour in the Grass over the weekend (huge music festival north of Byron Bay) and can't get her out of my head.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

One can only try mate.

One thing that really resonated with me from this gig, was the song below.

Called "Wipe that **** Eating Grin off your Punchable Face" Directed at Tony Abbot and one particular policy.

This tune in particular had everyone singing along, and it was super ******* refreshing to hear!

Press about this song can be found here:-

I am sure there are many Australians on this forum, that would love to read about it, whether they like this music or not.

Did they write any songs about the seemingly bottomless pit of welfare money and where it comes from.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life.

post-23478-0-00143100-1443165677_thumb.j

What I find incredible about this album is that despite the fact that there are 130 credited musicians on the album, Stevie plays most of the backing tracks himself. We know he's great on the keyboard and synthesizer, but what I've been really mesmorised about is his drumming, which is totally idiosyncratic (Stevie played drums on nearly all the tracks except Contusion, Sir Duke and As). This album cost $US 13 million to make ($US45 million in 2015) and 2 years of hard work, from 1974 to 1976 when it was released, but it is worth every penny.

• 5 weeks later...
  • JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?