What are you listening to?

Don't know how many around here are into metal, but I've been loving the new Deafheaven album. I was starting to get pretty tired of this band, but this new album reinvigorated me:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

Have been into a little bit of retro rap (amuses my kids no end)

Tupac Shakur has been my focus of late.

What a great mothers day song.

You can't beat these lyrics

"And even as a crack fiend, mama

You always was a black queen, mama"

superb song. One of my top 10.

Hilarious. Growing up here I'd never heard much of this. My American wife listens to this stuff almost daily and some of it is pretty good!

This one was on my mind the other night after I watched "Blood into Wine," a documentary about the lead singer of Tool, Puscifer and A Perfect Circle, Menard Keenan and his plight of tending his vineyards and creating wine. In it they are talking to him and he is diggin a hole and transplanting a plant and he is talking how much he enjoys working in his vineyards and creating wines. He is sitting there saying how the 46 Chromosomes of the grape plant and humans only differ by 2. Wait, what? Had me going back through Tools song 46 and 2 and going through the lyrics how people think it is some big transmutation of a higher being etc. Seeing that scene and going through gave me a new perspective. Is he talking about making wine and the frustrations of varmints, weather, fungus etc of his vineyard?

The Killers All These Things That I've Done with a JL No. 1 and a double Zacapa!

Cheers!

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?