What are you listening to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

For the old guys out there- Neil Young and Crazy Horse "Cortez the Killer" from "Zuma" 1975. Epic song with Young at the top of his game. If you've never heard it, give it a spin. If you haven't heard it in ages cue it up and revisit and old friend. "Stupid Girl" is good too.

1 hour ago, SloppyJ said:

@Ethernut That's a good pick. I haven't listened to them in a while. I'm tired of the new wave of thrashy-speed metal. I'm more of a melodic/groove guy. I'll have to check out the whole album. 

Dude this is a different band that their old stuff. Very groove metal, grindy detuned and not in a hurry. 

• Like 1

899afeab86b59f57c9991e2d3309e51e.jpg I came across this blues singer while I was listening to The A-List: Blues Station on Apple Music this afternoon and I found him to be pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think like most Canadians, the Tragically Hip have been heavy on my playlist all summer long. They are essentially "Canada's Band", and the lead singer, Gord Downie, was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and the band rushed together one final concert series across Canada. I was fortunate to see them live one last time (and roughly the 20th time I've seen them in concert live) during this tour. And Gord sang my #1 favourite Hip song, one he usually never performs live, as it's about his nephew who died of congenital heart disease at around age of 5: Fiddler's Green.

Here's a video of that performance in Vancouver.

• Like 1

I'm burning through the Grateful Dead's magical run in the spring of '77.....too many shows to discuss, but the one at Barton Hall, Cornell University is really mind blowing:wub:

• Like 2

Pearl Jam! Summer tour was amazing. They still tear down the house. 

I saw PJ at Fenway Park last month and it was a killer show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?