What are you listening to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

Good to see music loving people here! Latley I've been listening to the last Thom Yorke's album, great stuff!

Agreed, I like a wide range of music. Some people think it's weird how wide my taste is but I think it's just my history of living and socializing with many different social, economic and geographic people. I've never really liked to follow the herd so to speak. I like to be constantly looking for something new and when some of it becomes "In" I move on to something else. I'm just glad some things really have not become such a mainstream hit like Maynard Keenan. Though he is popular in his niche his bands really have not become huge pop culture idols.

Oh, and he makes wine....only 2 chromosomes different than ours.

http://stagevu.com/video/upyvdwkjacjo

• Like 1

Agreed, I like a wide range of music. Some people think it's weird how wide my taste is but I think it's just my history of living and socializing with many different social, economic and geographic people. I've never really liked to follow the herd so to speak. I like to be constantly looking for something new and when some of it becomes "In" I move on to something else. I'm just glad some things really have not become such a mainstream hit like Maynard Keenan. Though he is popular in his niche his bands really have not become huge pop culture idols.

Oh, and he makes wine....only 2 chromosomes different than ours.

http://stagevu.com/video/upyvdwkjacjo

Awww come on mang!!! Maynard is a MASSIVE pop culture icon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

MIKE PATTON!!!!!! MIIIIIIKKEEE PATTON!

The genius he is. If i wasn't at work, i'd give that a listen immedaitely. i didnt' worship the group work he did with Tomahawk as much (albeit enjoying it) as Mr. Bungle. So i hope this one will knock my socks off.

Man. I'd count Mr. Bungle to be one of my absolute favourite bands. would've given anything to see them live in concert...

MIKE PATTON!!!!!! MIIIIIIKKEEE PATTON!

The genius he is. If i wasn't at work, i'd give that a listen immedaitely. i didnt' worship the group work he did with Tomahawk as much (albeit enjoying it) as Mr. Bungle. So i hope this one will knock my socks off.

Man. I'd count Mr. Bungle to be one of my absolute favourite bands. would've given anything to see them live in concert...

I'm just stoked that FnM is re-re-United. Caught them on the last reunion tour in San Francisco and they still got it!!

I'm just stoked that FnM is re-re-United. Caught them on the last reunion tour in San Francisco and they still got it!!

funny you say that, Claus... Faith No More was never a band i got into. always thought it was modern, dingy alternative music

didn't know Patton was part of it until only a few months ago. Patton will always be Mr. Bungle to me, though. but perhaps I will give a FnM album a good listen to when i have the time.

Jez 2.0. Take a break from the birthday. Have you heard any of the 4 Mr. Bungle demo albums?

funny you say that, Claus... Faith No More was never a band i got into. always thought it was modern, dingy alternative music

didn't know Patton was part of it until only a few months ago. Patton will always be Mr. Bungle to me, though. but perhaps I will give a FnM album a good listen to when i have the time.

Jez 2.0. Take a break from the birthday. Have you heard any of the 4 Mr. Bungle demo albums?

I am not sure if I have heard any of the demo album material. Saw them live back in '97. Anything Patton touches is gold dust. Mondo Cane will be as far removed from Mr Bungle as one can get!

I am not sure if I have heard any of the demo album material. Saw them live back in '97.

*sigh*. what i would give to see them live.

I believe I have two of their demo albums somewhere. "Bowel Full of Chili" and "The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny" which was a metalcore album.

You know the history of Patton and Kiedis, right? The name "Bowel Full of Chili" should make you laugh pretty hard.

• Like 1

Awww come on mang!!! Maynard is a MASSIVE pop culture icon!!!

I'll second that. Maybe it's my age group and citizenship (mid 30s, Merka), but Maynard is widely well-known, even by folks who haven't followed his music.

I love System of a Down and have started listening to Serj Tankian's solo album. Weather you do or dont like alternative metal et al, he's such a great vocalist. Anyway, this is what I'm currently listening to. peace.gif

Also, there was another thread I posted in a while back, or maybe it was even this one? :-) About "b side" or lesser known artists. If you like acoustic guitar: Check out:

John Prine... while I wouldn't consider him "b-side" at all, surprisingly most people have never heard of him. Awesome song writer & highly revered amongst song writers...Blue grass/country.

Mike Pinto: from Philly originally but now lives in San Diego. A buddy of mine turned me on to him 5-6 years ago. I'm surprised he's not a bigger name. Talented guy. Reggae/acoustic/ska

Anyone else remember this...?

http://youtu.be/mtnCcWOS7y8

Aaah memories of being in my late teens and cruising in the 400 cubic inch Chev/Monaro smile.png

#ledgendsinmylunchtime

Everything the 80's wanted leather, wild hair, hot chicks, laser beams, sparky explosions, and burning teddy bears!! Never heard them in the day but wish I had of.

Also, there was another thread I posted in a while back, or maybe it was even this one? :-) About "b side" or lesser known artists. If you like acoustic guitar: Check out:

John Prine... while I wouldn't consider him "b-side" at all, surprisingly most people have never heard of him. Awesome song writer & highly revered amongst song writers...Blue grass/country.

Mike Pinto: from Philly originally but now lives in San Diego. A buddy of mine turned me on to him 5-6 years ago. I'm surprised he's not a bigger name. Talented guy. Reggae/acoustic/ska

Funny everyone I know except my wife has heard of John Prine. Grew up around a tonne of singer songwriters from the 60's 70's and 80's. I must brag everybody said my songs sounded a lot like John Prine.

Funny everyone I know except my wife has heard of John Prine. Grew up around a tonne of singer songwriters from the 60's 70's and 80's. I must brag everybody said my songs sounded a lot like John Prine.

That's a pretty good compliment.

• JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?