What are you listening to?

315465_461743897179489_2004455795_n.thumb.jpg.c2161d68b635521ba857ecccd859e35e.jpg

Listening to Deep Purple's 40th Anniversary release of their famous Machine Head album featuring their best know line-up, the Mark II line-up (Vocals: Ian Gillan, Guitar: Ritchie Blackmore, Keyboards: Jon Lord, Bass: Roger Glover and Drums: Ian Paice). I'm enjoying the 1997 Roger Glover mix which features alternative solos, a few different takes of instruments and other additions (i.e. such as Ian Gillan's famous "break a leg, Frank" comment in Smoke on the Water). Overall this mix is a little cleaner than the original 1972 vinyl release. It's nice to listen to a fresh take on such classic tracks.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

315465_461743897179489_2004455795_n.thumb.jpg.c2161d68b635521ba857ecccd859e35e.jpg

Listening to Deep Purple's 40th Anniversary release of their famous Machine Head album featuring their best know line-up, the Mark II line-up (Vocals: Ian Gillan, Guitar: Ritchie Blackmore, Keyboards: Jon Lord, Bass: Roger Glover and Drums: Ian Paice). I'm enjoying the 1997 Roger Glover mix which features alternative solos, a few different takes of instruments and other additions (i.e. such as Ian Gillan's famous "break a leg, Frank" comment in Smoke on the Water). Overall this mix is a little cleaner than the original 1972 vinyl release. It's nice to listen to a fresh take on such classic tracks.

That brings back memories John. I saw them in Worcester MA in 87 with that lineup. Circumstances got me back stage with the band and that was nutz. Stories not for this thread lol ?. I still spin that Perfect Strangers CD after that experience. The short of it I was fairly deaf for 3 days. 3rd row seats and they set all amps at 11. After a week of ringing in my ears I recovered. I did pretty much stopped  going to live shows after that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CampDelta369 said:

That brings back memories John. I saw them in Worcester MA in 87 with that lineup. Circumstances got me back stage with the band and that was nutz. Stories not for this thread lol ?. I still spin that Perfect Strangers CD after that experience. The short of it I was fairly deaf for 3 days. 3rd row seats and they set all amps at 11. After a week of ringing in my ears I recovered. I did pretty much stopped  going to live shows after that.

Wow...great anecdote there me friend. Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hoyopr said:

And some earlier Joe, Loved this song by The James Gang.

Love it.  The old days, watching a great band play in a bar - sitting on the floor too.  Lots of good memories popping up.  Not sure if all of them are real ?

I'm listening to John Prine pretty much exclusively since the news came that he was intubated and critical with COVID-19.  One of the greatest songwriters America has ever produced.

• Like 1

Hard to pick just one, but this was the first Dylan album I ever bought (on vinyl) and I think it's still my favorite (I've got a pretty extensive collection of Dylan records--every studio album between '62 and '79 except 'self portrait'--and 'Desire' has gotten more mileage than any of the others by a long shot).  Great for kicking back with a smoke an relaxing.

This Donovan album contains some of my favorite morning music.  Perfect for C&C, and almost long enough to endure a churchill.  Sides 3&4 are my favorite, but the whole thing is quite good.