What are you listening to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

Right now, Maiden, Live After Death... One of the greatest metal shows ever recorded. When I was young, I had to buy the cassette 3 times because I simply listened to it too much... Thank god for CD's and mp3's

Oy we had guests here at our house over the weekend and mrs guest had an 80's music mix including Abba, Jimmy Buffet, Billy Joel and assorted disco hits.

Is there such a thing as an ear ******? (Sorry, could not think of another word).

Right now, Maiden, Live After Death... One of the greatest metal shows ever recorded. When I was young, I had to buy the cassette 3 times because I simply listened to it too much... Thank god for CD's and mp3's

One of the greatest metal bands ever. Legendary!

Eric Clapton ... just starting to get into his music. His stuff I am getting familiar with seems like soft rock maybe. There are definitely what sounds to me like blues and jazz influences in his playing.

Can't get enough Beastie Boys, entire discography in constant rotation since Yauch's death last year.

Also got hooked on Spotify one night before Xmas. A friend-of-a-friend demonstrated it, with passion. His enthusiasm was infectious and I gave it an extended try-out. I'd avoided it because it requires subscription to work on mobile, and Pandora was an 'adequate' experience, but still restrictive. I think Spotify is better, but recommendations & discovery still misses the mark. (but that's the whole point of these threads!)

That was incredible. Thank you.

Wow, one of the better covers to that song I have ever seen!

• JohnS changed the title to What are you listening to?