What are you listening to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

A few posts, as I just lit up an Edmundo :) 

461 Ocean Blvd was one of my favorites, from many, many years ago.  Still holds up (to me)

Then there's John Prine.  This is one of the last songs he recorded before he died of Covid last year.  Give it a chance.  You might like it... 

A little bit more current...

My next-door neighbor as a kid...  I used to hear him practice every day.  (I didn't know how lucky I was :)  

He never made it to the "big recording contract" but had gigs most nights.  Great guy.  Very unassuming, as you might expect from a back-up player, but well regarded and really talented IMO...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Glass Half Full said:

Then there's John Prine.  This is one of the last songs he recorded before he died of Covid last year.  Give it a chance.  You might like it... 

I love John Prine. This is a really great fun duet. Clay pigeons is my favorite song of his. div widget

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, patrickamory said:
Death metal on FOH!

Oh yes. I've posted Napalm Death before...

Which leads to the whole weird world of experimental extreme metal...
Lorna Shore - Of The Abyss

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, mprach024 said:

After this passed week, Don’t Kill Myself Books on tape mostly….

Hope this is due to bad sports outcomes and not bad life outcomes. Best wishes if things are/were rough.

7 hours ago, Bijan said:

Hope this is due to bad sports outcomes and not bad life outcomes. Best wishes if things are/were rough.

Ha, Yes a bit tongue and cheek there.  I’m sure we can all relate to those weeks of Hell where everything that can go wrong does.  Good news is it’s impossible for next week not to be better!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Ha, Yes a bit tongue and cheek there.  I’m sure we can all relate to those weeks of Hell where everything that can go wrong does.  Good news is it’s impossible for next week not to be better!

Definitely! I just had two of those weeks. First one was my kid's stomach flu that everyone got (even my father in law who just stepped in to check if we were ok). Then he got a bad cold and my sister in law got the stomach flu visiting a week later when everyone was better but apparently he was still contagious.

• Like 1