Sad day for cigar smokers - Aristocrat humidors

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I picked up my Aristocrat at Bob’s shop last summer, he definitely didn’t seem like he was anywhere near retirement.  In fact, I asked him specifically about it and he said, “I’ll retire when it

The cigar gods have always been good to me...decided to get myself a nice Christmas present this year...what lucky timing I had  

At 68 he's earned the opportunity for retirement 

@GotaCohiba, have you spoken with Bob directly and gotten this info? Ive seen a lot of talk around this today, but I didn’t get the impression it was certain he was shut for good, just not taking orders at this time. Hopefully not cause I was biding my time as well....

Avallo might be the one @Lotusguy

5 minutes ago, KnightsAnole said:

@GotaCohiba, have you spoken with Bob directly and gotten this info? Ive seen a lot of talk around this today, but I didn’t get the impression it was certain he was shut for good, just not taking orders at this time. Hopefully not cause I was biding my time as well....

Avallo might be the one @Lotusguy

I have and was told he would be taking no new orders 

Definitely a standup man and business

He will still keep up with supplies/filters/etc for those of us with cabinets 

6 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Love my Aristocrat, so happy that I have one.  Was planning on another, hope Bob enjoys his retirement. I can only imagine the headaches he had to endure, dealing with some people. 

At 68 he's earned the opportunity for retirement 

• Like 4

Guest Nekhyludov

I only ever spoke with Bob to select and buy a Set and Forget system. He was a real pleasure to talk with, and I certainly wish him all the best in his well-earned retirement.

But selfishly ... DAMMIT! I was holding out hope of getting a cabinet someday. :lol:

I called Bob in November to order a unit, he wouldn’t take my order at that time because he was uncertain about the future. It’s a bummer for consumers to have a guy with a good reputation come to the end of his career, but certainly understandable, and I wish him well. 

I ended up ordering a humidor with 90ish box capacity from Matthew Allen, Avallo Humidors, www.avallohumidors.com. My timing was bad due to the holidays, but my unit is scheduled for delivery next week. Matt is very busy, but seems to have a decent reputation and satisfied customers. 

I’ll post a report on this alternative to Aristocrat in a few weeks, after the unit is seasoned and acclimated to Montana. 

• Like 1

Not good news except for Bob. So glad I have mine. It’s my most prized possession. 

Happy retirement to Bob.  

The cigar smokers/collectors have lost a great source for an heirloom product. 

• Like 3

Oh man.  Glad to see he's going to be enjoying retirement.  Certainly well deserved.  I've been saving for years and kept saying I wouldn't do it until I could afford the MXT plus with all the bells and whistles in black walnut.  Hard to believe I won't get the chance.  I'm sure someone will step into those shoes, but they are indeed big shoes to fill.

Nooooo my ultimate cigar dream has just miserably crushed and faded away from the history!!!! Such a sad news for me since I really want to have a heirloom cigar cabinet like Bob's in some day! I wish that he will enjoy his retirement journey...

Still, I can continue with my wineador project which is at least small hope for my cigar career although it is not the nicest looking unlike Bob's.

Seems to me there is lots of value in that business so I am surprised he didn’t sell it with an agreement to stay on for a year to help with the transition. That would benefit him, his staff and a new owner that may share his same passion but need a solid start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, LLC said:

Seems to me there is lots of value in that business so I am surprised he didn’t sell it with an agreement to stay on for a year to help with the transition. That would benefit him, his staff and a new owner that may share his same passion but need a solid start.

I guess when you have had enough..... you've had enough.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LLC said:

I was thinking the same thing when I read this.  The business has to be worth something considering there is still a strong demand for his product.  I am surprised no one that works for him is willing to take it over.  Then again, not everyone wants to own their own business.

• Like 1