JohnS' and Luca's 2018 Christmas Sampler Video Reviews Series

JohnS

On 1/20/2019 at 6:09 AM, JohnS said:

3. Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Coffee, Raisins, Toast...repeat. Aah yes, the Ramon Allones Specially Selected. But surely there's more to this cigar than a strong, sweet smoke?

Nice review guys, just got a box about a week and a half ago, just smoked one today, I’m so impatient I couldn’t wait 30 to 60 days for them to acclimate. I never would have picked up on the raisins but you nailed it, I couldn’t pinpoint the flavor at first but I get it, also got the coffee, can’t wait to have another in a month or so, thanks again!

• Thanks 2

Thank you @Luca and @JohnS, what a great resource! By next Christmas, I should be able to make it though all these and be ready for the next round. ?

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, unclepauly25 said:

Another great review guys, I have one dry boxing for tomorrow! 

Thank you! Will be interested to know what you think of the JLN2 :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luca said:

Thank you! Will be interested to know what you think of the JLN2 :)

I’m smoking it as I type this, love it! I joined the forum 5 or 6 months ago, never knew about storing my cigars at 62 to 65 percent humidity, also never dry boxed, now I can taste all the different flavors and the aroma is amazing! Living in the USA has limited my access to Cubans, I love this forum and the people are so nice! Thank you guys for all the knowledge ?

• Like 3

11. Cohiba Robustos

The Cohiba Robustos, an immensely popular Cohiba cigar on our forum in the last few years, but does it justify the hype? And furthermore, what is it about Cohiba and aging?

• Like 1

12. Partagas Series No.1 2017 Limited Edition

Have you tried the Partagas Series No.1 2017 Limited Edition? If so, what did you think of it? How does it rate as a Limited Edition and what is it about the Limited Edition program anyway?

N.B. In this review I mention the Limited Edition program beginning in 2003 or possibly a little earlier. The program actually started in late 2000 and continued in 2001, missed a year in 2002 and continued again in 2003 (as a comparison, the Regional Edition program similarly started with just a few releases, four, in 2005).

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:14 AM, JohnS said:

4. Punch Punch

If William Shakespeare were alive today, what would he say about the Punch Punch, or just plainly the decimation of Punch as a marca in the last 15 to 20 years? Is the Punch Punch really the quintessential representation of 'Cuban twang'?

I've been smoking cigars for over 20 years and I've had a box or two of Punch Double Coronas before but never had a box of Punch Punch. ?

I got a box of Punch Punch (BOX CODE - "LAU MAR 17") to see what all the fuss is about after seeing this review. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1