Travel case?

Armored humidor for vacations.  Holds fifteen and is indestructible. My staff bought it for me years ago, and it still stands out. 

I keep it in the back of my Aristocrat, open, when not in use.  When I need it, I fill it with cigars and go.

15E70E17-449A-4DBA-9EA8-E107218419EE.jpeg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Cigar Caddy cases. Utilitarian for sure, but at this point it’s all I want in a travel case. I use a 5ct & 10ct depending on situation. 10ct has two layers so you can put cutter/lighter apar

Traded a whole box of Fonseca No. 1’s plus five Dip 2’s for the original H. Upmann travel humidor from 2007.  The six Robustos were delicious, but the travel humidor is my companion on every trip I go

Cigar caddy all the way. Utilitarian function is of far greater value to me than flash. Small canvas tote for my equipment. Full kit: "50 ct" cigar caddy; "5ct" cigar caddy; canvas tote -

Recently bought a few of RTICs new hard cases.  They have a 50% off deal right now.  The 22" one is basically a carry on size.  The other sizes are similar to cigar caddy style.  All gasketted, all robust as hell.  The inserts arent customized for cigars but the big one is perfect for transporting boxes.  Or you can make your own modifixations.

I still have these amazing travel'dors with Spanish Cedar Cigar Trays (I bought the trays from a CFer years ago). With the Spanish Cedar Cigar Trays I have 6 going lengthwise (fits 6 cigars up to eight inches) and 6 going widthwise (fits 8 cigars up to 6 inches). I vary the trays in each travel'dor (the black one holds 5 trays and the orange holds 3 trays) to suit what and the number of cigars I want to take.

IMG_4791.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4793.JPG

IMG_4797.JPG

• Like 4

On 1/23/2019 at 8:38 AM, cfc1016 said:

Cigar caddy all the way. Utilitarian function is of far greater value to me than flash. Small canvas tote for my equipment.

Full kit: "50 ct" cigar caddy; "5ct" cigar caddy; canvas tote -

0790968D-D50F-46B9-9F41-A25725AFBE83.jpeg

The Big Boy: This is my trusty "50 ct". I put this in quotes because the count is a bit generous. I've had this for almost 20 years. It's survived numerous plane rides and road trips and kept the contents intact 100% of the time. It's from long before Pelican bought out Otterbox's 'heavy duty' product lines, and still bears the Otterbox logo on the bottom. I had to replace most of the foam inserts last year. PM me if you want some. It was surprisingly hard to find the 'just right' foam inserts - there are 8 billion different kinds of foam available on the internet and anything marketed as 'for cigars' is marked up *exorbitantly*. I spent ~$15 on a box full of this stuff - way more than I needed - still a small fraction of the cost of anything "for cigars". I can carry 27 'corona-sized' cigars, and perlas/minutos can usually double up in a row. I keep a few 62% bovedas in it at all times, just so it's travel-ready at a moment's notice.

5794F429-EBDC-4A34-9334-84F861D645A8.jpeg

36B2AAFF-C215-4C2B-BB78-B74FFC04D992.jpeg

The Little Boy: This will hold 5 double coronas easily. I bought this far more recently. Same story - 62% boveda pack lives in there full time.

8C1FA794-82B6-40C3-B02D-281E8F618BF6.jpeg

Le Kit Bag: This gets far more use than either of the cases. Front pocket holds my torch and usually a small pack of cigarillos (coshos, chicos, serie clubs). Middle pocket is for the guillotine and a pocket knife in case I need to perform surgery on a particularly sticky band. Back pocket holds my punch cutter and scraps (discarded cellies from cigarillos, discarded bands, etc). There is a zippered pocket on the way back that is home to my perfecdraw and two eyeglass-repair-sized screwdrivers (one flat/one phillips) - for purging the tank on my torch before a fuel refill, adjusting flow setting, etc. Mise en plas. Every tool is returned to its designated home after each use.

83F27344-A43E-44C2-9FBD-55F2E770E20E.jpeg

I have tried using a 'bag of holding' that carries everything (cigars and equipment) and quickly realized that I don't like the idea. I find it best to have a vessel that is 100% devoted to cigars and another vessel that is 100% devoted to equipment. It works a lot better.

I might be interested in helping you out with the extra foam!!!

I’m really leaning in favor of the pj case. Seems to be exactly what I want since most of my smoking is done in a business suit after work with others. Seems like it will also be a good travel case for a few days away. Does anyone use a humi / Boveda Pack in their pj?

14 hours ago, captain said:

I’m really leaning in favor of the pj case. Seems to be exactly what I want since most of my smoking is done in a business suit after work with others. Seems like it will also be a good travel case for a few days away. Does anyone use a humi / Boveda Pack in their pj?

No I have mine in either my 2-finger carbon case inside the PJ, or the 3-finger. I don't think that the cigar will be affected if outside the humidor 12 hours or less.

I have a leather cigar case that holds four cigars and fits perfectly in the PJ holder. I prefer that so the cigars aren’t loose. I don’t think any humidification is needed unless your going to spend a week somewhere really dry or moist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspired by this thread, just got this for my assorted singles. As I was filling it, I realized that this is probably $2k worth of cigars
fd5ef7ecfa136b331eef1e7e9ab4c36c.jpg
459311a8ac4ec4a0b9d8df317d3f7d37.jpg
c9909c26aadc9c9d2e6cc517d6321667.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, LLC said:

I have a leather cigar case that holds four cigars and fits perfectly in the PJ holder. I prefer that so the cigars aren’t loose. I don’t think any humidification is needed unless your going to spend a week somewhere really dry or moist.

I really like that idea plus double protection. What leather case fits in the pj?

20 hours ago, captain said:

I really like that idea plus double protection. What leather case fits in the pj?

Turns out it is a case for three not four as I said. My wife bought it for me probably 20 years ago. It even matches the PJ case. If I put this in the cigar holder in the PJ case there is probably still room for another cigar in a tube. 

D71F913B-118C-4FE8-B222-503B8B035213.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 5:09 PM, Lotusguy said:

Inspired by this thread, just got this for my assorted singles. As I was filling it, I realized that this is probably $2k worth of cigars emoji2957.png
fd5ef7ecfa136b331eef1e7e9ab4c36c.jpg
459311a8ac4ec4a0b9d8df317d3f7d37.jpg
c9909c26aadc9c9d2e6cc517d6321667.jpg

Did you have any issues with the foam smell? I bought a Pelican for the same purpose, but even after weeks of sitting out the plasticizer/unreacted polymer smell never went away.

Did you have any issues with the foam smell? I bought a Pelican for the same purpose, but even after weeks of sitting out the plasticizer/unreacted polymer smell never went away.

I thought I was going to use the foam but it turned out I have so many singles in 5 finger bags that I just took it out and put all the bags in. Didn’t notice much smell to begin with, though. Maybe it’s been sitting in the warehouse a long time before it got to me?

On 2/14/2019 at 6:02 PM, aphexafx said:

2019_LE_Blue_Grey-4.jpg

Wow, GREAT colors.  Nice choice.  Now I want one lol.

I was on the fence for a bit but I’m an ocean nut (surf,fish,dive,beach) it just fit me so well I figured it was meant to be...

• Like 3

6880194A-65C7-4701-9AF4-39435ADD4F9C.thumb.jpeg.6eb2de1c2c534c9813696ab5c476b80e.jpeg

i made mine from a Pelican 1470 case. Holds 36 in trays w/room for lighters, cutter, matches, finger bags, etc. For short term, handful of cigars, I use a zip lock with a small 62RH Boveda.

• Like 3

I just bought a project carbon yesterday. I liked the PJs alot but decided I couldn't justify the price difference. I also like the fact the project carbon looks a bit sleeker and less like a man-purse. I have a cigar caddy which I plan on still using depending on the situation. It makes more sense to me on the boat or doing real travel.

This popped up in a subreddit I'm on. Figured it'd be of use to someone here, if they're looking for a good deal on a large hard case. It has the pick n pull foam and is 16-5/16" length. I just ordered one. Looking forward to modding it out for cigars.

Harbor Freight Apache 3800 Case - Pelican 1450 Knockoff - $29.99 with coupon 81892470 - good through 2/28

For anyone interested in replacement foam, this is what I used to reline my hard case:

12 Pack- Acoustic Panels Studio Foam Wedges 1" X 12" X 12"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bsubtown said:

I just bought a project carbon yesterday. I liked the PJs alot but decided I couldn't justify the price difference. I also like the fact the project carbon looks a bit sleeker and less like a man-purse. I have a cigar caddy which I plan on still using depending on the situation. It makes more sense to me on the boat or doing real travel.

I was on the fence a bit as well but than I decided I really needed a man purse...

and project carbon just didn’t do it for me in terms of quality..but they are nice...each his own. 

I was on the fence for a bit but I’m an ocean nut (surf,fish,dive,beach) it just fit me so well I figured it was meant to be...

Great looking case