Quai D'Orsay Corona Claro........

Quai d'Orsay Corona Claro   

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look on the bright side...the new bands beat the heck out of plain packaging bands!   Oh, by the way, has anyone checked the latest plain packaging for McDonald's?

I hope they don’t start screwing around with Sancho Panza. I love the simple label, and the flavour profile is wonderfully unique. So, of course they will. ?

.  I assume that one of the reasons is that a trademark must remain in use for ordinary commerce.  If you don't do that then the trademark can lapse.   if we indeed see some SLR DC/Dieux thi

3 minutes ago, Piligrim said:

same profile I believe? new style is fine, but I prefer old one. may be I'm getting older :)

I understand the hesitation. 

However if they didn't do something with QD it would have died. They will have to do the same with Sancho Panza, Rafael Gonzalez etc. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

However if they didn't do something with QD it would have died. They will have to do the same with Sancho Panza, Rafael Gonzalez etc. 

If that was the case, which I can completely believe, I'm glad they thought enough of it to glam it up, and save. 

Be interested to know you thoughts Rob. Why do you believe HSA actually persevere with these brands as a year round, every year product. If (as you say) they're not getting the sales they want?.  Is it just keeping the names of the brands alive so they can run RE/LE of their back?

As you've pointed out on many occasion.  I don't understand why don't just do runs every 3-5years of cigars they struggle to sell.   It would suit the buyers of niche brands, and would free them up to use that tobacco on RE-LE's.  It all seems very strange. 

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Look on the bright side...the new bands beat the heck out of plain packaging bands!

Yep, can defo agree with that. Mind you with Nudies on the horizon, we'll all be going au natural.  Saving the planet one puff at a time!

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Oh, by the way, has anyone checked the latest plain packaging for McDonald's?

Gladly i've never had the pleasure of one of these polystyrene patties, but would love to see this put into effect.   Mc'ds custom will never stop though, you could put them in these and the queues would still be out the door

Ecohound-Poo-Bag-Tied-400x400.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

I hope they don’t start screwing around with Sancho Panza. I love the simple label, and the flavour profile is wonderfully unique. So, of course they will. ?

I don't think that they will play around with the blend (brilliant). I don't think they know what to do with it. 

The Sancho Panza Eslavo (serbia 2014 regional) made everyone sit up and take notice. It reminded HO that there was life in the old dog yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Everything can come back in one form or another

This begs a question. I'm imagining in the process of blending the Nudies line, that you and Hamlet have actually dug out some old SDC and refreshed your minds. 

If the blender of the last Dieux in production had died (just for discussion)  would some old production Dieux be made available for the new blenders to now what they were trying to achieve? or would it be down to tasting sessions with leaders of the trade?

Everything can come back in one form or another. it just takes will, vision, planning and execution. 

Alright, since this is HSA we’re talking about here - no vision, planning, or execution and even the presence of will is doubtful.

We’re doomed

On a different note, I don’t mind the packaging. Could have been a whole lot worse.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I don't think that they will play around with the blend (brilliant). I don't think they know what to do with it. 

The Sancho Panza Eslavo (serbia 2014 regional) made everyone sit up and take notice. It reminded HO that there was life in the old dog yet. 

Agreed. It’s a cracking smoke. Glad I managed to grab a few.

I’m down to my last few SPCGs. Nov 99, every one a winner.

I have some Sanchos and Molinos set by.

If they do try and refresh the Marca, I’d love them to bring back a Corona, but we’ll probably end up with something wider than it is long. Sancho Panza Mulas or Burras, or some such nonsense.?‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 99call said:

If the blender of the last Dieux in production had died (just for discussion)  would some old production Dieux be made available for the new blenders to now what they were trying to achieve? or would it be down to tasting sessions with leaders of the trade?

Blends are recorded. That doesn't mean that they are followed (quota first rules). 

There are plenty of dieux in Havana (just not for sale) and around the world. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Agreed. It’s a cracking smoke. Glad I managed to grab a few.

I’m down to my last few SPCGs. Nov 99, every one a winner.

I have some Sanchos and Molinos set by.

If they do try and refresh the Marca, I’d love them to bring back a Corona, but we’ll probably end up with something wider than it is long. Sancho Panza Mulas or Burras, or some such nonsense.?‍♂️

I feel your pain but they need to turn a buck ;)

2020/21   I think a SP Selection would work (much like the old school Partagas ones). 

30 cigars in the box.

5 x Sanchos

5 x Corona Gigantes

5 x Belicoso

5 x Molinos

5 x Corona

5 x Non Plus. 

Back it up by bringing back in the Molinos and corona the year following. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I feel your pain but they need to turn a buck ;)

2020/21   I think a SP Selection would work (much like the old school Partagas ones). 

30 cigars in the box.

5 x Sanchos

5 x Corona Gigantes

5 x Belicoso

5 x Molinos

5 x Corona

5 x Non Plus. 

Back it up by bringing back in the Molinos and corona the year following. 

Oh, how nice that would be! 

Sadly I reckon it’s more likely they will just take all that tobacco and try and cram it into a single cigar.?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TheMonk said:

I like the packaging, it's more refined without being over the top!

Completely respect your opinion, but I would argue with this use of "more refined" . Refined, to me, is exactly what the packaging used to be i.e.  basic, minimal, subtle. 

Refined "with impurities or unwanted elements having been removed by processing" .  

Again I completely respect your opinion, but I would suggest the one thing that couldn't be argued would be that the new packaging is  "more refined".   I could understand if you thought they were "more stylish", or "more tasteful".    But the new appearance is most definitely less refined. 

Sorry in advance for being pedantic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1