How did you pick your wedding ring?

I thought picking the engagement ring was bloody difficult! :lol:

Just over a month searching, picking ones then returning them and nearly giving up, then having a flash of inspiration; the city where I was born was/is famous for it's steel, nearly all my family worked in the steelworks so thought a ring made there would have a bit of meaning to it. Turns out there is only one place in the whole of Sheffield,UK that does jewellery made from steel that is smelted, forged, cast etc from start to finish in the city

I only wanted something simple but that I'd like and that would stand up to a lot of wear and tear, and eventually picked it a plain 6mm brushed stainless steel, medical grade steel too so I don't have to worry about swimming baths or salt water etc but crikey what a stress, going from never wearing any jewellery ever, to picking something to wear for the rest of your life..

Anyway, how did you go about picking yours? Piece of cake or slightly less stressful than moving house?

Screenshot_20190125-121214.png

https://www.tiago-steel.co.uk

• Like 2

Heavy court cut. Anything else dug into the 'webbing' (not sure what you call that? Lol.) of my fingers and was uncomfortable. Wife wanted yellow gold to match hers. Easy. ?

The jeweler who made my wife’s rings had ten styles of men’s rings and said pick one, so I did. About four years later I bought a new one that I find much more aesthetic.  Of course, my wife needed a new style too. But we do like them better so it worked out. 

1 hour ago, patrick_harmon44 said:

Well it sounds like you have a good idea of what you like. I suggest just keep trying them on. I work in an industrial(electrician) setting so I only have my nice one on when not at work. I got a silicone one for work and beach, fishing ect. 203aa45b2dea1228727672fef4af6255.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How are the silicone ones? I saw a lot online but didn't delve too deep. 

1 hour ago, GavLew79 said:

Heavy court cut. Anything else dug into the 'webbing' (not sure what you call that? Lol.) of my fingers and was uncomfortable. Wife wanted yellow gold to match hers. Easy. ?

Lol I was completely unaware of all these terms a month ago, I had no idea there was so much to ring shapes

27 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I got conned into going on a hiking trip by some old guy. Seemed like he was gathering a group of similarly statured people. After wandering around for what seemed like weeks, I got separated from the rest of the group whilst doing some spelunking. Found a ring, but some whacked out homeless person tried to claim it was his. Managed to lose him in the caves, and well, you guys really don't want to hear the rest. Things got weird after that. Anyway, here's the ring....

20190104_224121_resized.thumb.jpg.ab0dc5e582f8d5a2271c346dd162e2ee.jpg

Did you find that you kept breaking out in a broad summerset accent and wearing tweed waistcoats? 

4 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Did you find that you kept breaking out in a broad summerset accent and wearing tweed waistcoats? 

Stop peeking into my wardrobe!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wax my feet....

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I got conned into going on a hiking trip by some old guy. Seemed like he was gathering a group of similarly statured people. After wandering around for what seemed like weeks, I got separated from the rest of the group whilst doing some spelunking. Found a ring, but some whacked out homeless person tried to claim it was his. Managed to lose him in the caves, and well, you guys really don't want to hear the rest. Things got weird after that. Anyway, here's the ring....

20190104_224121_resized.thumb.jpg.ab0dc5e582f8d5a2271c346dd162e2ee.jpg

It's so precious!

• Like 1

Mine was simplistic.  We went to the jeweler, she picked out a matching her/his set and said "Those".  We went to the cashier and I paid the tab.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

• Like 1

Pretty simple process. At the time my love and I got married near 35 years ago, we couldn't afford a 'pot to piss in'. We bought what was cheap and the correct size, picking was pretty easy at that point.

• Thanks 1

Great pick!!  Your story is much cooler than mine.  I went into a jewelry store with my wife and we both picked out rings from the same place.  She got something to match her engagement ring, and I always wanted classic yellow gold, so that's what I got.  Other than a watch, it's the only jewelry I've ever worn, and I'm so used to it now, I feel weird without it.  Congrats!

• Like 1

I went to a jeweler, the sales person showed me some options. I removed the ones I didnt like. 2 or 3 options left. bought a pair of one of them.

bonus: I brought my mom with me ? I was afraid buying something odd but, hell, it was just a gold ring.

bonus 2: I am not using at this very moment. sometimes I take the ring off to sleep and forget to put it back.

22 minutes ago, ErikB72 said:

That’s a Quintero Petit Quintero by the way

Ha nice! It'll be a few years yet before I've any petit Quinteros running around the house :D

I think you hit it and a few others mentioned it, if you're unsure then the classic looks have been around for a reason, I love the looks of some of the new designs and materials but I don't trust myself to stop loving them in a few years

A nice touch with the place where I got mine from was you get lifetime aftercare for free so if one year I fancy the mirror polish I can get them to do that then the year after go back to brushed etc, or if we have kids I can have their names etched in the inside etc, so that covers my incredible indecisiveness somewhat!

• Like 1