$3200 to spend on Humidor.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

If you don’t need furniture aesthetics or cooling, source some 160 bottle wine coolers (broken) and convert them. I was looking for a used armoire, but finally sourced some coolers. I got one for free, and the other highly discounted 08633ddf32bd93905a385338333b2cde.jpg263339ed8c03597786c75fcdb41be80b.jpg

There's no shortage of of wine cabinets in working and non-working condition on Craigslist. 

On 1/30/2019 at 11:16 PM, PigFish said:

... furniture humidor! Bah humbug!

Give me a nice, run of the mill, boring, day in and day out, electronic, working humidor!

Gen13_LOW_2017-8-19_14sec_RAW.thumb.png.184d4b25450b4968664f81fa0232317c.png

-Piggy

Pig, what do you mean electronic humidor?? What are you using?? Whatever it is, holds your humidity nice!!

• Like 1

1.)  Do what @Brandon says and/or 2.) Beg @PigFish to build a solution for you.  The log below is from a CigarClimatology system.  An old one at that.  

Side note—I generally keep my humidor at 62% but recently because it’s been colder in my basement I turned it up to 64.  Cigars seemed a little dry to me at 62/62, better at 64/62.  

8BCE46BC-2E31-4C31-AA82-5EBF9EC040DA.thumb.jpeg.46ea5321036ad415f1bedeb77f1b0919.jpeg

5 hours ago, jlb said:

Pig, what do you mean electronic humidor?? What are you using?? Whatever it is, holds your humidity nice!!

I design and build fully controlled precision humidors as a hobby and side line. You can find me if you search CigarClimatology on YouTube. There i demonstrate working vs. non working controlled humidors and basically share my engineering and how to design a functioning compressor cooled humidor.

My design concepts are rather simple, empirically tested and effective. The systems, as a whole are anything but. Watch some of my videos and learn about what it takes to make a really functioning controlled humidor that works when the ambient in your home (or other) makes life difficult to store cigars.

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 1

I bought a curio cabinet off a local craigslist add, took it to my friend who works with wood, he gutted the inside, lined it in 1/2in Spanish cedar, built shelves out of the same, then he did some hand carving on the outside just because he got really into the project.I added an active HU system.IMG_2697.thumb.JPG.f752357097ceff21da96ed5aa51988bc.JPG I think its a masterpiece 

• Like 2

I bought a curio cabinet off a local craigslist add, took it to my friend who works with wood, he gutted the inside, lined it in 1/2in Spanish cedar, built shelves out of the same, then he did some hand carving on the outside just because he got really into the project.I added an active HU system.IMG_2697.thumb.JPG.f752357097ceff21da96ed5aa51988bc.JPG I think its a masterpiece 

Looks beautiful. Did you have to do anything extra to get a good deal on the doors/glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk