Video Review - la Puntilla (2017 Custom)

Wow, now I know not to buy them from a mule haha. Time to take the wife on a cruise that stops in Havana!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

Aw man! The shop is to the right as you enter the hotel complex (kind of the opposite of Club Habana). I'm sure if you asked the front desk where the shop is, they'd guide you!

I seemed to ask everyone but someone in the hotel. Nobody heard of them.  I did have a guide that told me it was to the right of the hotel, with some 5 foot alligator thing out front.  Being dumb, I walked out of the hotel and went right (which is actually to the left of the hotel in your description) walked all around the pool area.  I did go the right (as I walked there from Melia Habana) and walked around the shopping mall area.  Looked in every store.   I have a better idea now of the general area.  I'll be back next January.

16 minutes ago, Monterey said:

I seemed to ask everyone but someone in the hotel. Nobody heard of them.  I did have a guide that told me it was to the right of the hotel, with some 5 foot alligator thing out front.  Being dumb, I walked out of the hotel and went right (which is actually to the left of the hotel in your description) walked all around the pool area.  I did go the right (as I walked there from Melia Habana) and walked around the shopping mall area.  Looked in every store.   I have a better idea now of the general area.  I'll be back next January.

I did the same thing! I walked around the opposite direction, gave up and was about to leave (the place was empty...it was really weird), but figured out I missed one spot, and low and behold, there it was! I felt so dumb

I’ve got a couple bundles but I don’t think I’ve smoked any yet. Is it just me or are the customs taking long to mature these days?

Cigar aside don’t these vids make you want to be there hanging out with these two goofballs? Gotta love em.

• Haha 1

• Ferrero unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, Monterey said:

I need a guided map of this place where Alex works.  Walked all around the Hotel Comodoro area, never found it.  Try again next year.

When they moved to this new place I couldn't find it either. Then I asked an employee about Casa del Tabaco and she pointed to me.

Do not ask about Alex, Casa del Habano or anything else. Casa del tabaco is the keyword.

If you still can't find it ask about an "outside bar". They are attached to each other.

If you still can't find it start screaming ALEX! ALEX! ALEX!

Ask someone to record it, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, HDGSN said:

In case it is helpful, here is a Google Maps screenshot. Top of the photo is North. The circle is Alex’s LCDH. The arrow points to Melia Habana, which you can just see in the shot. D624519A-A4EB-4E4A-BECA-4E2DC5A3920B.thumb.jpeg.2036411fcfd22efd537e8cf60fbbc187.jpeg

So this is awesome.  Based on what I read here, I still would have missed in trip number 3.  I would have looked just the right of the hotel (again) between the hotel and the strip mall.  For entertaiment, I marked my path in blue.  Despite walking all over the place, in the hotel, around the pool, thru the strip mall, I still was no where near it.  Thanks, for once, I finally know where it is!

MyTrip.JPG