Would this bother you?

Would mould like this bother you?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t say it wouldn’t bother me at all, mainly because some level of unwanted moisture intrusion has taken place. So I chose “a little”. But I’d just carefully wipe the sticks clean and get on with li

Depends. If the vendor has told me that they have inspected the box, as you do with "hand picked" etc..., and charge a premium for that service, then I would be annoyed. That's a significant amount of

The only annoying part is wiping down each stick and putting them back in the box. No big deal. It happens 

3 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Right. You have to kill the mold, and then it should not come back. Be weary of your storage conditions, kill the mold, and I doubt you'll ever see it again.

Store outside the tubos, proper humidity, mold not likely to return.  The white stuff seems to be completely harmless.

Have wiped mould of before but at the moment I am cleaning mould of walls and ceiling  shoes etc with  the rain we have had and never want to see another bit of mould.

Mold spores are everywhere. Everyone, everywhere, breathes them in everyday. Just because a colony finds a hotspot to hang out doesn't mean they are gross. It means they found the best place to settle. If spores are on the cigar, I'd bet they are in the foot too. I feel like the "only if it's not near the foot" is just pure regurgitation of some paranoid OCD smoker from years back. Now if they have gone through several generations of mold and have more than 3 colors, they may be to far gone. My .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Burningman said:

As long as it's not near the foot I would wipe it off and move on. I have been lucky and only received cigars that looked slightly dusty. Not a big deal.

What doas it mean if that same white mold appears in the foot? Its still same mold but more difficult to get it off the foot.

Wrapper mold is on the surface outside.  Typically at the head where the cap was placed (where the pectin had higher moisture).  Not typically perse but not crazy uncommon.

Mold at the foot means that it has entered the filler.  Gross.  I have in the past cut the foot off an inch, checked for mold and then let it rest.  I DONT RECOMMEND THIS but I have done it before.  I like this to cutting apart a moldy loaf of bread.  If you can afford it, treat yourself to an unspoiled loaf.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Generally yes....but not always. 

A few years ago we sold as seconds "mouldy Upmann connie 1's. We were upfront, showed pics, extensive. 

Members agreed that they were some of the best connie 1's that they had smoked. :party:

I was one of those "members"... I also remember that they were the best connie 1's that I have ever had, and the box went pretty quick...

So, if you want to send me those, just let Di know to charge my card :)

When I started, no because, look... Plume!

After some knowledge and experience, yes, because it's freakin mold!!!

Now, meh. Guess I gotta wipe them down. Would have been nice if they did it for me before they shipped them but...meh.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's a bit excessive, but so long as there were no accompanying off flavors, I would think of returning it.  White mold, in my experience, dries up and never returns under the right conditions.

I believe there was a thread here some time ago about certain strains of Aspergillus actually aiding cigar aging.