Box of the day Thursday

3 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I can almost smell those no.3

Does it seem like they've drifted into safer waters these last couple of years? I know it seems Monte is a protected species with deletions but if one was going to go out looked like the no.3 would have been it a few years or so back

I really hope that never ever happens.  The No. 3 is THE corona of coronas.  It's also one of the few left.  Sad.  Twilight zone.  ?

• Like 3

I think I'm due for some punch punch. My last box was good, but not great. Maybe I need 2 more so I can stash one and age the other...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, aphexafx said:

I really hope that never ever happens.  The No. 3 is THE corona of coronas.  It's also one of the few left.  Sad.  Twilight zone.  ?

I agree, those and the QDO (haven't tried the new ones) Corona are just perfection. It's really surprising how much of a different blend the no.3 is to the other numbered series.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lordlister said:

I just cracked a box of 2012 PSP Monte 3's and they are heavenly. 

Hope you enjoy them!  Really a special cigar for me.  I don't have any at the moment and that's unfortunate.  The last box I had was from 2010/11 and I finished it in maybe 2014/15-ish.  In recent years I've shifted towards marevas, so the No. 4 has been the Monte in my rotation.  Joining FOH has rekindled some fond memories, though.  I have five boxes on their way from Rob et al., including a box of Monte Especiales No.2, which is easily one of my favorite cigars of all time, as well as several robustos, a format I've ignored for a long time.

I keep coming back to look at this pic of Monte 3s.  I think I have a problem.  ?

I'd love to buy a box and just sit on it for 6 or 7 years, as you have.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, prodigy said:

I think I'm due for some punch punch. My last box was good, but not great. Maybe I need 2 more so I can stash one and age the other...

What month and year was your last PP? I am down to about 8 from my box and it was a particularly heavily pressed box and they are all a tight draw. Flavor was so great still and they at least burned very cleanly and evenly. I like the flavor profile but if the tightness is typical of this vitola I may be done with it.

18 hours ago, prodigy said:

I really like the Punch Punch in tubos over the dress box.

What month and year was your last PP? I am down to about 8 from my box and it was a particularly heavily pressed box and they are all a tight draw. Flavor was so great still and they at least burned very cleanly and evenly. I like the flavor profile but if the tightness is typical of this vitola I may be done with it.
LAU NOV 16, many have been tight...

4 hours ago, aphexafx said:

Hope you enjoy them!  Really a special cigar for me.  I don't have any at the moment and that's unfortunate.  The last box I had was from 2010/11 and I finished it in maybe 2014/15-ish.  In recent years I've shifted towards marevas, so the No. 4 has been the Monte in my rotation.  Joining FOH has rekindled some fond memories, though.  I have five boxes on their way from Rob et al., including a box of Monte Especiales No.2, which is easily one of my favorite cigars of all time, as well as several robustos, a format I've ignored for a long time.

I keep coming back to look at this pic of Monte 3s.  I think I have a problem.  ?

I'd love to buy a box and just sit on it for 6 or 7 years, as you have.

That's the sweet spot for me with the no.3, around 4 years a process begins where sweet raisins start to appear and it just grows and grows, just beautiful

• Like 1