FOH AUCTIONS Update

Correct. The Trading Room sub-forum will automatically appear once you have met the requirements. Same goes for the Regional sub-forums, but they will also require a password.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Delivery of the final part of the  FOH auctions platform is due tomorrow.  Ben and Steve will play around with it for a few days.  We have set up a password protected subforum for FOH Auctions te

Mods have done a great job testing. Thankyou  Developers will have finalised implementing the bug fixes by Saturday 9th.  Mike and the selected testers should get the keys shortly after. Fro

Don't expect bargains. I was still outbid on this box....

3 hours ago, shadowACE said:

Interesting indeed. I wonder though...what's to stop someone from buying up 2424 stock like crazy only to stash it in a locker in hope of auctioning it off at a later date.

Ps...I would love to see a box limit on 2424 sales. See a lot of guys on Facebook selling their sticks from 2424. They don't even try to hide that they are just flipping FOH product.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I think part of the origin of the auctions concept was to start the reduction/emptying/scaling down of the locker program as it was full to bursting with not enough movement of boxes.

7 hours ago, shadowACE said:

Interesting indeed. I wonder though...what's to stop someone from buying up 2424 stock like crazy only to stash it in a locker in hope of auctioning it off at a later date.

Ps...I would love to see a box limit on 2424 sales. See a lot of guys on Facebook selling their sticks from 2424. They don't even try to hide that they are just flipping FOH product.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

A few things:

1. OLH is currently not accepting any more boxes

2. There is a minimum hold time limit for any boxes added (6 months from memory)

3. Most boxes on 24:24 are current, so you'd have to wait quite a while to make a profit. Nobody is going to buy a box on auction, when they can get it on 24:24.

4. There will be more interesting boxes on FOH Auction than stuff from 24:24.

• Like 1

Another one that might hit the auctions.
Cohiba Siglo VI ROA MAR 07  

Another one that might hit the auctions.
PUNCH PUNCH 25'S PUL ENE 02  

One last one to wet your whistle.
SAINT LUIS REY DOUBLE CORONA EST NOV 07  

Holy crap!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think part of the origin of the auctions concept was to start the reduction/emptying/scaling down of the locker program as it was full to bursting with not enough movement of boxes.

According to what I have read, you are correct about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an uneasy feeling that these auctions will for many of us be a reality check on just how valuable (expen$ive) aged Habanos can get....

But, as Pres says, they're only cigars... :)

11 minutes ago, slowsmoke said:

I have an uneasy feeling that these auctions will for many of us be a reality check on just how valuable (expen$ive) aged Habanos can get....

But, as Pres says, they're only cigars... :)

I agree. I think a few people are thinking that there’s going to be some great deals available like this that can pop up on a popular NC auction site. What I am expecting to see are a lot of boxes that are simply unavailable through other venues due to either age or non-production. But you’ll have to pay a pretty penny for those boxes. With that said, I’m very excited for the launch as there are at least a few items that I would love to see up for sale.

Unless you age them yourselves, there are no “deals” to be had anymore. Internet exposure and easy access to sales and auctions sites has greatly increased competition amongst buyers. Simply look at what HSA has been doing with the banding and selling of aged sticks. It’ll be interesting to see what boxes come up and their pricing.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Unless you age them yourselves, there are no “deals” to be had anymore. Internet exposure and easy access to sales and auctions sites has greatly increased competition amongst buyers. Simply look at what HSA has been doing with the banding and selling of aged sticks. It’ll be interesting to see what boxes come up and their pricing.

I agree. But it will be a chance to get your hands on stuff that is simply otherwise not available, unless you are extremely well connected. Maybe I can get those missing RE (closed one gap today with a box of JL Short Torpedos).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

I agree. But it will be a chance to get your hands on stuff that is simply otherwise not available, unless you are extremely well connected. Maybe I can get those missing RE (closed one gap today with a box of JL Short Torpedos).

True - although I'm not sure my bank balance appreciates it! Tbh I'm glad I haven't been a member long enough ? - not sure I have enough self control and prices for those missing REs/LEs could get pretty mental...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be “that guy”, but as its been 10 days since this thread has had any activity, I just had to say...

I’m dying for an update. 

• Thanks 3

There were some bugs thrown up in testing that had to go back to the developers. I am hearing that those have been addressed and live testing will restart on Monday.

I know the last thing Pres wants is any delay but I suppose the point of software testing is to iron out any bugs before release.

From what I have seen, it'll be great once released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BJRPorter said:

I’m in the camp that the cigars at auction will be stupid expensive. I hope I am wrong.

I dunno - I (perhaps optimistically) think it might be a bit of a mix. Expensive for things like vintage and hard to find stock. But could be some deals to be had from people clearing out cigars they brought to try and didn't enjoy or making room in the humidor for something they want more. Then again maybe that is wishful thinking! 

33 minutes ago, juri said:

I’ve overpaid for aged cigars in the past and regret it, the only stuff I’d pay a premium for are cigars that have been discontinued or rare limited edition 

I would pay a premium everyday for things that age brilliantly.  5+ year aged Por Larranaga Petit Corona Cabs ...actually almost any 5+ year aged 50 cab. Monte Especiales, Fundadores, exhibicion 4, Dieux etc.  i don't chase vintage stock. I will chase reasonably priced 5-8 year boxes. They are my sweet spot. 

•  
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, juri said:

reasonably priced being key a 10-15% fine maybe 20% in extreme cases I can see but I’ve seen places literally charge double and more ?

Happy to pay double for an 8 year aged cab of PLPC .  That would be about $11 a stick. To me it is worth it. That's the same price as a Padron Anniversary maduro Principe. Excellent cigar but no match for aged PLPC.  Horses for courses!

i agree with you that buying vintage can be hit and miss. However  but you rarely miss on an 8 year old cab of PLPC/Dieux/Serie A/ERDMCX etc if you know how they have been stored. 

There are plenty of cigars however that I would have no interest in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bet these auctions are going to show how much money people are willing to pay for stock.

don't think Prez et all aren't going to notice the demand, and willingness from the BOTL are willing to pay.

I hope this doesn't' affect the prices offered on 24:24 but lets face it, there are folks who will pay just about anything for cigars.

Money means different things to different people.

Those who think they are going to find deals on a FOH auction will be sad...in fact, I think we are going to see premiums paid like never before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Update. 

18 amendments/changes have been completed by the developers.  back to Mod testing on Monday before going to selected member testing hopefully later in the week. 

Almost there :ok:

Yay! More trying to break the system!!

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I bet these auctions are going to show how much money people are willing to pay for stock.

don't think Prez et all aren't going to notice the demand, and willingness from the BOTL are willing to pay.

I hope this doesn't' affect the prices offered on 24:24 but lets face it, there are folks who will pay just about anything for cigars.

Money means different things to different people.

Those who think they are going to find deals on a FOH auction will be sad...in fact, I think we are going to see premiums paid like never before.

I do not see how this could affect 24:24 prices, as those are for current stock. If people are trying to sell current vintage stock on FOH Auctions, they won't be getting much of a margin, if at all. You would be better off going into the Trading Room and seeing if you can trade off current stock for something you want. If anything at all, it might ease off demand for 24:24 as people put their coin on auction stock.

• Like 1