2018 Partagas C&C's

peteando

Yop!  The Super and the PCE are both staples in my rotation.  I'm smoking through a box of the best PCEs I've ever had, hands down.  Less than a year out the gate, too.  TEO FEB 18.  Near flawless construction, firm draw.  Flavors are strong, rounded, and the finish is all sourdough and yeasty table bread.  I've enjoyed every single one so far.  One was slightly under-filled but I gave it a pass.

The Super is my goto for a short walk.  Compared to the PCEs they tend to be slightly less refined and less rounded, but also less demanding of my mucous membranes.  They are certainly earthier than this box of PCEs, and I like that change of pace.  I put the last eight sticks in my desktop and tossed the box, so I don't have a box code, but it was 2017, if I'm not mistaken.  It was also a very good box.

The Super Partagas usually take about a 1/2 in. to get fully on track, whereas the PCEs are all lined up from go.

I've had pretty unremarkable boxes of both, but lately they have been really well executed.  ?

• Like 1

Partagas Aristocrats are my new c&c favourite. I bought a box ($75ish) just to see what they were like having seen a couple of positive reviews and was pleasantly surprised by the good construction and deep sweet flavour. They can be hard to find but IMHO are worth a dip.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Like 3

On 2/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, Akela3rd said:

Partagas Aristocrats are my new c&c favourite. I bought a box ($75ish) just to see what they were like having seen a couple of positive reviews and was pleasantly surprised by the good construction and deep sweet flavour. They can be hard to find but IMHO are worth a dip.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

I had a 2015 box that was good but not  great.  Glad to hear they're improving.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, peteando said:

I had a 2015 box that was good but not  great.  Glad to hear they're improving.

Definitely hit and miss - most of the cheapies under the big names (Upmann, Partagas, RyJ) are. I have a box of Aristocrats that have sandpaper, dull wrappers that are loaded with a distinct cardboard note.  Smoking them sppradically in case they wake up someday.  From here on out, I'm sticking to Shorts for my small Partagas.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Psiman said:

Shorts and D6’s are my go to Partagas cheapies. Shorts may be the most consistent cigars from Habanos. 

I'll get a little variation across a cab, with a few outliers being of the stronger, more earthy Partagas similar to the Presidentes while the other outlying phenotype seems to be very creamy, almost like a Series D no 4 with some Cohiba.  Most, however, are that delectable journey of a high-quality Partagas blend.

• 1 month later...

2015 Habaneros are pretty darn good right about nw.

• 2 weeks later...