C&C for wedding guests

sjmistry

Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well. 

I am in need of some advice/guidance from the community. @BirdDog posted a thread over in the main forum regarding wedding cigars

Here is the Post.

I am in a similar situation with my brother. He is getting married in March and has asked me to provide some cigars for his guests. I can dip into my collection and probably pull a few boxes but I would cringe if I see someone pitching a 10 year old Coro after a few puffs. 

I have decided on getting some less expensive cigars. I am leaning towards either Quintero or Piedra, in different sizes. Looks like i can get about a 100 sticks for about $200, which is not too bad.  

Can anyone provide some feedback regarding these cigars? Any better than the other (i.e overall quality, taste, construction)? Which would be better suited for veterans and novice alike? Are there any other recommendations that I should consider? 

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

-Shake

Parti Shorts are the ultimate large, unknown crowd cigar.  They are: somewhat economical, a high quality blend, in a compact format, in a traditional diameter, with great universal flavor, come fifty in a cab, and the cab makes an impressive presentation.  To the cigar crowd, they would show that you know a thing or two without being a show off.  Smart choice @BirdDog  ?

31 minutes ago, sjmistry said:

I thought about Shorts as an option as well. How approachable are they when young? 

-Shake

Buy them a couple months in advance and stick them in your humidor with the lid off and they should be ready to go.  Generally they are just fine to smoke young.  It's a wedding, not a cigar festival.  The cigar snobs will have brought their own, anyway.  I think the "I only touch aged habanos" sentiment is a bit overblown.  To each their own, of course! ?

I like the idea of RyJ. What is everyone's thoughts/experience with RyJ Coronitas en Cedro, Partagas Habaneros or the Hoyo Palmas Extras? If I choose these three would I have a selection that would appeal to all palettes, new and old, as well as have choices that would give smokers an option of mild, medium or full? 

-Shake

22 minutes ago, sjmistry said:

I like the idea of RyJ. What is everyone's thoughts/experience with RyJ Coronitas en Cedro, Partagas Habaneros or the Hoyo Palmas Extras? If I choose these three would I have a selection that would appeal to all palettes, new and old, as well as have choices that would give smokers an option of mild, medium or full? 

-Shake

I would worry about spending too much time talking to people about cigars to get them into the right cigar for them v. enjoying the festivities. Those nights go fast and will go even faster if you have to waste time talking to second-cousin jeffy about his preferences and flavor profile. 

I have learned my lesson when bringing things to share that less is more. I say one option for the masses and maybe a few special ones for those who you know will appreciate it. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 7:50 AM, sjmistry said:

-Shake

RyJ #1 or #2 in tubes would be a great choice.  If folks would rather take them home, no problem due to the tube.  Also, I love party shorts, but its a tiny cigar.  Pictures will look a bit more dignified with a slightly larger size imo.

1 hour ago, peteando said:

RyJ #1 or #2 in tubes would be a great choice.  If folks would rather take them home, no problem due to the tube.  Also, I love party shorts, but its a tiny cigar.  Pictures will look a bit more dignified with a slightly larger size imo.

Totally agree with the tubo.  Easy to pass out and carry around in a pocket without damage.