El Presidente

Partagás Lusitania Cigars: Reliably Top Notch

Well written Ken!  I enjoyed the article.  

Very enjoyable read, thanks Ken

Leads me to think about mix of cigars in the collection. Being a tad OCD I keep an excel spreadsheet of what i have and right now across all Marcas I have 11% DC.  That would seem to be good except brings the thought do they age longer and should there be more as a percentage.... I am sure over thinking..... Mine are Lusitanias, Sir winnies, RyJ churchills, RAG, Punch DC and HdM DC. 

I hear so many good things about this cigar. I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying a box simply because of its size. It’s there a Partagas the same or similar to this cigar in a smaller format? Maybe a corona size cigar? 

Great article.  Purchased my first 2 boxes of ten here last month.  Waiting will be tough.

14 hours ago, unclepauly25 said:

I hear so many good things about this cigar. I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying a box simply because of its size. It’s there a Partagas the same or similar to this cigar in a smaller format? Maybe a corona size cigar? 

That's a great question I've had as well.  I love Partagas Shorts but don't think I'd have the time too often for a Lusi.  Of course, I don't even know if they're similar in flavor and body but assume they are.

• Thanks 1

Had a Lusi last night while reading this, well done Ken.

I haven't the time nor patience for a 2 hour cigar. A PSD4 is plenty big enough. 

21 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

I haven't the time nor patience for a 2 hour cigar. A PSD4 is plenty big enough. 

Isn’t that a Connie A in your avatar? Not such a big stretch from there to a Lusi. There is something relaxing and old fashioned about the enforced slow down that a big smoke brings.

Just now, RDB said:

Isn’t that a Connie A in your avatar? Not such a big stretch from there to a Lusi. There is something relaxing and old fashioned about the enforced slow down that a big smoke brings.

Yes, but my avatar is more about my love for the Upmann marca than a Connie A. My preferred Upmann is the discontinued petit corona.

To be honest, the only time I can smoke a DC is when I’m away from home, kids and partner. I work abroad a fair bit, and it’s a good accompaniment to an evening film on the hotel balcony.

i very much look forward to the day when I have the time and space to devote 2+ hours to a cigar.  

I have a 10 count in my humidor that will be waiting for me.   (might be a long wait  :P)

Nice job Ken!

Nice read.....

Yep, having the time to smoke a 2+ hour cigar is rare....but I do find the time several times a year.  Since I live in Texas, I am "required" to have a BBQ smoker in my backyard and "required" to know how to make great BBQ.  Things like pork shoulders and briskets can take 12-14+ hours and "require" that I sit near the smoker and enjoy cigars and libations while babysitting the fire.  :)   Thus, this is when I pull things out of my humidor like a Lusitania, RA Gigantes, an Opus X "A", a La Flor Dominicana Andalusian Bull, and so forth. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CooGAR said:

Nice read.....

Yep, having the time to smoke a 2+ hour cigar is rare....but I do find the time several times a year.  Since I live in Texas, I am "required" to have a BBQ smoker in my backyard and "required" to know how to make great BBQ.  Things like pork shoulders and briskets can take 12-14+ hours and "require" that I sit near the smoker and enjoy cigars and libations while babysitting the fire.  :)   Thus, this is when I pull things out of my humidor like a Lusitania, RA Gigantes, an Opus X "A", a La Flor Dominicana Andalusian Bull, and so forth. 

I like your logic.

As a local in Hawaii, I’m “required” to occasionally sit outdoors for long stretches of time with my feet up, taking it slow and easy. This is when a Lusi or HdM DC come in handy for me.