How to use a vacuum sealer??

3 hours ago, cbaty08 said:

I vacuum pack my boxes and it works great.

I toss a 67g size hydration packet (62%rh, I use BOOST brand from amazon) in with each box and they come out perfect. 

Interesting. I stabilize for humidity at least 90 days after i receive, and never before 1 year on box code before i seal, but I don’t usually add a boveda to them. Once they stabilize in my humidors I seal them up and put them right back in. The seal should hold the current humidity of the cigars. I’m curious how the vac seal impacts the aging process. Does it actually stop or slow the aging? That’s what I have to figure out. I’d love to know how a 10 yr old vac sealed cigar tastes compared to one not vac sealed. 

I mostly just pack each box (sometimes 2) into the ziplock with boveda inside wich helps to keep humidity very well. zip lock is thick enough to not let the humidity go out, so that works very well.

18 hours ago, Piligrim said:

I mostly just pack each box (sometimes 2) into the ziplock with boveda inside wich helps to keep humidity very well. zip lock is thick enough to not let the humidity go out, so that works very well.

The problem I would have doing just ziplocks would be that my wine cooler that I use as a humidor has an ambient rh much higher than what want my smokes at - and the ziplock isn't air-tight. 

1 hour ago, cbaty08 said:

The problem I would have doing just ziplocks would be that my wine cooler that I use as a humidor has an ambient rh much higher than what want my smokes at - and the ziplock isn't air-tight. 

Is there a reason you keep ambient rh much higher than for sealed boxes? Also, are you only sealing certain things? 

I seal everything i buy. I don’t smoke anything without 5-7 minimum years of age on it, and everything is kept around 63%, except for my Liebherr humdior because that is auto set for 68%. Even in that humidor though, everything inside is kept vac sealed after stabilizing around 63% rh for 3 months. However, I will mention that I move my boxes around almost monthly. Crap keeps moving between 6 different  humidors in my office because of new purchases, selling stuff, whatever. All my humi temps are around 65° and in my office the temp is kept at 65° yr round. Caring for cigars like this is a huge pain the ass. It’s “almost” not worth the effort to collect. 

2 hours ago, Yellot00tr said:

Is there a reason you keep ambient rh much higher than for sealed boxes? Also, are you only sealing certain things? 

I seal everything i buy. I don’t smoke anything without 5-7 minimum years of age on it, and everything is kept around 63%, except for my Liebherr humdior because that is auto set for 68%. Even in that humidor though, everything inside is kept vac sealed after stabilizing around 63% rh for 3 months. However, I will mention that I move my boxes around almost monthly. Crap keeps moving between 6 different  humidors in my office because of new purchases, selling stuff, whatever. All my humi temps are around 65° and in my office the temp is kept at 65° yr round. Caring for cigars like this is a huge pain the ass. It’s “almost” not worth the effort to collect. 

The ambient is what it is, as the wine cooler doesn't have a humidity setting; so I have to seal up anything I put in there.