Top 5 from 2017/18 with sub 2 years aging

it is always best to get a wider members perspective :thumbsup:

"Rob, I am a FOH lurker and love all you and your members do.  I am hoping that you can help me out. I don't have much storage space and even less financial means with two daughters in college.   I don't have the option of  waiting for three or five years for cigars  to reach a sweet spot. 

Can you give me a list of 5 readily available cigars from 2017/18 that you believe will smoke very well come 2020."

So folks, your top 5 cigars (preferably form 2017/18) that you believe will smoke near their best in 2020 (2 years of  age). :cigar:

RjY  churchill 

Punch Punch

Monti #2

Lusitania's 

Connie  A

In my humble opinion, all are smoking well at 2 years of age. Would they be better with more age yes, but very satisfying at this young age.  

Jl 2 

Connie 1

Hell I  like all of them.

• Like 1

Dip #2

Connie A

BPC

I found each of these we're great when fresh, then got a little lackluster from 1-2 years in. They are starting to come back to life now around 2 years.

Edit: by great I mean better than most other fresh Cubans! Obviously aged is better :)

Out of the ones I have tried so far, and I've only tried a few, I liked PSD4, HUpmann CA, Bolivar Belicosos Finos and VR Unicos. Monte 2 was the worst, but I think I got a dud and will try that one again to make sure.

Connie A

Connie 1

El Principe

Trini Reyes/Fundys

All of those are cigars I've never thought needed any more age than the standard 12-24 mos to enjoy thoroughly. In fact, most if not all of those I've smoked with more age and haven't noticed any obvious benefit. 

Totally agree with most of the suggestions thus far. My top 5:

QdO 50 - perhaps the tastiest young cigar I've experienced 

H Upmann #2

Monte #2

PSE2

RyJ Churchill 

runner up is Fundie

I'll add that these are 2018 cigars that smoke well young, but for many in my line up earlier than this, the 2 year mark seems to be somewhat of a "no man's land". They taste great in the first year, then get a bit strange on me until the 3 year mark. Not sure if this is a storage issue, but that's been my experience with about half my stock. 

I'm relatively new to collecting Havanas, starting 3 years ago and most of my cigars are young, so from my experience these are my recommendations:

RyJ Petit Royales-2017/18 boxes smoking well now, in fact I think it is the best cigar that I've tried fresh.

RASS-I think are good any time, get better with age.

Hoyo Epicure No. 2- very good after 12 months 

SLR Regio-have always smoked well young as I sample the box bought 2 years ago, but may fade before 2020.

Montecristo No. 4- my 2018 box is smoking well now, and Monte usually get better with age, so expect improvement by 2020

1 hour ago, FatPete said:

I'm relatively new to collecting Havanas, starting 3 years ago and most of my cigars are young, so from my experience these are my recommendations:

RyJ Petit Royales-2017/18 boxes smoking well now, in fact I think it is the best cigar that I've tried fresh.

RASS-I think are good any time, get better with age.

Hoyo Epicure No. 2- very good after 12 months 

SLR Regio-have always smoked well young as I sample the box bought 2 years ago, but may fade before 2020.

Montecristo No. 4- my 2018 box is smoking well now, and Monte usually get better with age, so expect improvement by 2020

I forgot about Epicure #2.  The first cigar out of a 2018 box I cracked after 90 days down was fantastic. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, crking3 said:

Haven’t seen anybody mention E2?

I count 2 mentions, mine being one. Great complexity after just a year.

• Haha 1

I began my collection about a year and half ago so I’m in the same boat. So far from the 15+ boxes I’ve been sampling from my best have been:

Partagas Shorts

Partagas Lusitanias

PLMC

Epi #2

I also recommend keeping an eye on 24:24 for boxes with age. Some great Bolis with a few years have been coming up lately. 

• Like 2