Xikar cigar cutter - further travails

Good grief... all these horror stories are making me dread the day that my Xikar lighter stops working and the day that my cutter needs sharpening. Luckily, the only maintenance that my trusty torch has ever needed has been cleaning the jets with compressed air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe Xikar have concentrated their efforts onto their premium products since changing ownership? I can attest that the XO cutter is by far the best cutter I've ever owned. It's costly and only about

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Palio cutter, by a mile the best cutter I've used, lifetime guarantee (You won't need to use it) and relatively cheap. I'm a decade in on mine and still as good

I have always bought Xikar cutters and lighters, and never had problems. Customer service has always been great to me if I needed to use the warranty. I also prefer the Xikar V cutter over the Colibri

Better late than never....

It is still a lifetime warranty.

I received my replacement too. Nice and sharp....we shall see for how long.

They have bought up quite a few brands: (to my surprise I have the first four listed)

Xikar

Cigar caddy (travel humidor)

Hydra (electronic cigar humidification)

Stinky ashtrays

Along with:( don't have any of these)

Div Pro

Get a grip cigar clip

Palio (cutter)

Hygroset (digital hygrometer)

Humidor Supreme (humidors)

Shuriken (cutter)

My issue has been with Xikar only.

That being said. The Colibri V-cut has been a great/pleasant surprise. 

However I do remember a time when I had issues with a couple of Colibri lighters - they went into receivership back in 2009 - had QC issues at the time...After the receivership their warranty changed from lifetime to two years...

Therefore I did have some initial hesitation, to re-try this brand.

For lighters, i invested in a ST Dupont Maxijet back when it was made in France. Been using it for 10 years non stop. Works great. Only time it kinda stopped working was when i use Colibri Butane. Went back with Vector Butane and problem solved. Works everytime.

For cutters, been using my Xikar Slim for 10 years, no problem. It fits in my wallet so i am happy.

• 5 months later...

Crud - just saw thia.  I believe it is Quality Importers who bought (and ruined) Palio.  Those used to be fantastic cutters, but I had trouble getting QI to honor the lifetime warranty for a broken Palio.  As a matter of fact, it is only when I mentioned I would refer the matter to the state attorney general that they changed their tune and replaced the cutter with a quickness.

I propose they either drop the word "Quality" from their name, or else add the word "Poor" at the front.

My Xikar Xi3 is starting to get a little dull but due to these horror stories I'm not sure I want to send it back for sharpening, I got the phantom blade model so I can't do it myself.

Not sure what to do, I've stopped recommending them to friends but people still buy from them due to their old reputation. 

• 11 months later...
13 hours ago, DBNInc said:

Anyone had any recent dealings with Xikar warranty repairs?  I have a Volta and an Xi3 I was going to send in.

I sent my broken lighter in on July 5th.  After a few weeks of no updates, I sent in a few emails that never got answered.  Yesterday I finally got a tracking number so it probably took around 2 months for turn around.  I was a big fan of theirs back in the days when my turn around time is 2 weeks vs 2 months and 0 acknowledgement of my emails now.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ncs said:

I sent my broken lighter in on July 5th.  After a few weeks of no updates, I sent in a few emails that never got answered.  Yesterday I finally got a tracking number so it probably took around 2 months for turn around.  I was a big fan of theirs back in the days when my turn around time is 2 weeks vs 2 months and 0 acknowledgement of my emails now.

That’s what I was afraid of.  Thanks for the info!