Question About Popularity of LCDH Cigars

I already had asked JohnS about popularity of LCDH cigars for adding them as more favourite examples of each marcas on my Cigar wiki project but want to hear more opinions from you. Are HDM Epicure de Luxe/Elegantes/Escogidos, Bolívar Libertador, Punch 48, Trinidad La Trova popular enough to be listed as notable examples like Upmann Royal Robustos and Ramon Allones Superiores?

Also, are RyJ Ex#4 and WC better than SC? I will definitely try RyJ Cazzies and Churchills since I have additional tupperdor for longer sticks (really enjoy long sticks) first but not sure about the rest of RyJ... ?

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boys, you are making it more complicated than it really is (not going to reply to each of the above, some argumentation is confusing things). First of all: Sure there is such thing as a "LCDH&amp

Yes, thanks @Fugu  your interpretation all makes sense to me. I wasn't aware that the HS program had come out of 5th Avenue or that the program had begun that early, so with those details I think we'r

28 minutes ago, JohnS said:
Yes, so I'm going to gracefully sit this one out and let you fine gentleman contribute to this thread.

I'd like to mention Trinidad La Trovas though....nah, on the other hand, I'll just let you guys say it!

Definitely more opinions would be great! For my Cigar wiki progress, I managed to write until physical quality control test and will finish the Tasting test section soon!

나의 SHV-E300S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I have yet to have the Libertadors I have in the humidor and I've never had the Escogidos, but of the remainder, I would only put the La Trova up there with the Royal Robusto and Superiores. I think the only thing stopping the La Trova from reaching the same heights of popularity is the cost/supply.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PrairieSmoke said:

I have yet to have the Libertadors I have in the humidor and I've never had the Escogidos, but of the remainder, I would only put the La Trova up there with the Royal Robusto and Superiores. I think the only thing stopping the La Trova from reaching the same heights of popularity is the cost/supply.

Thanks! I have not tried any Trinidad vitola yet (thinking about Reyes and Fundadores). I surprised that La Trova seems a new popular LCDH release! ?

I have several boxes of Liberatadors, every one at risk of fire damage.....?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BJRPorter said:
I always have humidor stock of Libertadors and La Trova because I smoke them.

I always have stock of Elegantes because I never smoke them.

6 minutes ago, BBS said:
I have several boxes of Liberatadors, every one at risk of fire damage.....

I did not expect that Bolivar Libertadores is also popular LCDH release! How does it taste compared to rest of its line? ?

The Libertadores and Superiores are great stuff.  Currently smoking through some 2013 Superiores and they have all been fabulous.

Elegantes have been a miss for me.

Not had the La Trova. Have heard great things so I would not hesitate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stump89 said:
The Libertadores and Superiores are great stuff.  Currently smoking through some 2013 Superiores and they have all been fabulous.
Elegantes have been a miss for me.
Not had the La Trova. Have heard great things so I would not hesitate.

It seems that Libertadores and La Trova are promising LCDH sticks like Royal Robustos and Superiores! ?

The Libertadores have been popular, for sure. But, the La Trova are getting near cult status. They are hard to find, if they show up in shops, it is only for a minute. It seems that reviews are overwhelmingly positive as well. I’ve only had one, it was fantastic, have a couple boxes resting at the moment, would love to have more. 

If the La Trova shows up on 24:24, I suspect that the ensuing food fight would make the QdO drama look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. 

So yeah, I think you should include the La Trova. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

The Libertadores have been popular, for sure. But, the La Trova are getting near cult status. They are hard to find, if they show up in shops, it is only for a minute. It seems that reviews are overwhelmingly positive as well. I’ve only had one, it was fantastic, have a couple boxes resting at the moment, would love to have more. 

If the La Trova shows up on 24:24, I suspect that the ensuing food fight would make the QdO drama look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. 

So yeah, I think you should include the La Trova. 

This makes me I must try Libertadores and La Trova as soon as possible! I just added them as popular examples to their marca on my project ?

Libertadores- Love 'em.  Would knock my socks off if I wore them (we go barefoot in Alabama).

Noellas- Would like to try them but I don't want to spend crazy money on a glass jar (that I personally don't want to collect).

Elegantes- Too muted/mild for my liking.  Wasn't the flavor profile I was hoping for.  I don't think more rest will bring anything else to the table with this one.  Otherwise, a cool-looking perfecto- feels great in the hand.  Wish there were more of these vitolas.

Culebras- Cool-looking again.  Burns surprisingly even. Taste profile spot on.  I'm a solo smoker though and this is a social/party cigar.  You'll want to smoke these with a couple of friends.

RAAS- Only gone through one box, so don't jump down my throat- but mine were underfilled I felt and lacked some of the RA flavors I was looking for.

I'm batting .250 here.  I haven't had any others than I've mentioned.  Mainly because they're too expensive (La Trova) and because the regular production cigars have been more enjoyable for me.  If I'm going to spend 35-40 bucks per stick (I'm looking at you La Trova) then I'm honestly going to spend it on an Cohiba Esplendido or Piramides.  But that's just my two cents.  

• Like 4

La Trovas, for me, are a cuba only purchase. At 12.50 per cigar, it is a good value.  Anything over 250 for is too much for me.  They had a decent supply of singles while I was there last month.  I would pick up 5 singles everyday and there was always enough there for me to get my allotment.   The only place that had a box was the partagas factory.  150 for the box.

I like the libertadores, but I hate the size.  52 is my max.

I am a fan of the Punch 48, I would give that a try as well.

• Thanks 1

Bolivar Gold Medals. A wonderful smoke, the LCDH re-release were excellent and I adored them. Another cigar I wished I had stocked up on. I think they are much better than the Libertadores, although I do love them, the size is perfect for me, but flavour wise the Gold Medal wins hands down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BJRPorter said:

I like my Libertadores rested about a year or so. They have that distinctive Bolivar profile, just not so much “in your face”.

Thanks! I have never tried any Bolivar yet so this one goes to my list!

8 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

Libertadores- Love 'em.  Would knock my socks off if I wore them (we go barefoot in Alabama).

Noellas- Would like to try them but I don't want to spend crazy money on a glass jar (that I personally don't want to collect).

Elegantes- Too muted/mild for my liking.  Wasn't the flavor profile I was hoping for.  I don't think more rest will bring anything else to the table with this one.  Otherwise, a cool-looking perfecto- feels great in the hand.  Wish there were more of these vitolas.

Culebras- Cool-looking again.  Burns surprisingly even. Taste profile spot on.  I'm a solo smoker though and this is a social/party cigar.  You'll want to smoke these with a couple of friends.

RAAS- Only gone through one box, so don't jump down my throat- but mine were underfilled I felt and lacked some of the RA flavors I was looking for.

I'm batting .250 here.  I haven't had any others than I've mentioned.  Mainly because they're too expensive (La Trova) and because the regular production cigars have been more enjoyable for me.  If I'm going to spend 35-40 bucks per stick (I'm looking at you La Trova) then I'm honestly going to spend it on an Cohiba Esplendido or Piramides.  But that's just my two cents.  

I found that Upmann Noellas have not been around for long time unlike Upmann Royal Robustos.  Is is permanently discontinued? By the way, Partagas Culeberas is also regular production cigars (non LCDH version) ?

6 hours ago, Monterey said:

La Trovas, for me, are a cuba only purchase. At 12.50 per cigar, it is a good value.  Anything over 250 for is too much for me.  They had a decent supply of singles while I was there last month.  I would pick up 5 singles everyday and there was always enough there for me to get my allotment.   The only place that had a box was the partagas factory.  150 for the box.

I like the libertadores, but I hate the size.  52 is my max.

I am a fan of the Punch 48, I would give that a try as well.

Punch 48 also not been around for a while. Are there more reviews of Punch 48? I found it is less reviewed compared to Upmann Connoisseur A.

6 hours ago, Booyaa said:

Bolivar Gold Medals. A wonderful smoke, the LCDH re-release were excellent and I adored them. Another cigar I wished I had stocked up on. I think they are much better than the Libertadores, although I do love them, the size is perfect for me, but flavour wise the Gold Medal wins hands down.

Like Upmann Noellas, I found Bolivar Gold Medals have not been around for long period of time. Is it completely gone as well?

22 minutes ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

By the way, Partagas Culeberas is also regular production cigars (non LCDH version) ?

They don't carry the LCDH sticker, but all the LCDH's list them as a LCDH cigar.  So, I don't know what category they actually fall in- regular production or LCDH.  Habanos SA says they're LCDH offerings but that may have just been upon initial release.  Mine don't have the bands on the cigars nor the LCDH corner tag on the box.  Maybe the initial ones did?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

They don't carry the LCDH sticker, but all the LCDH's list them as a LCDH cigar.  So, I don't know what category they actually fall in- regular production or LCDH.  Habanos SA says they're LCDH offerings but that may have just been upon initial release.  Mine don't have the bands on the cigars nor the LCDH corner tag on the box.  Maybe the initial ones did?

as a retailer I can say it's still LCDH release. Each box has second LCDH band and you can't buy if you're not LCDH.

• Thanks 1

aged Bolivar Libertador is amazing. I recently had one from 2015 and enjoyed it so much. I'm also a fan of Partagas Salomones. 

Best celling LCDH cigar at my place is HdM de Luxe. it's pretty good cigar, but fro some reason, I'm not a fan of it. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

13 minutes ago, Piligrim said:

as a retailer I can say it's still LCDH release. Each box has second LCDH band and you can't buy if you're not LCDH.

Oops my bad! I just checked CCW and it is listed as LCDH release ?! They just do not have second LCDH band unlike other LCDH releases but having special Culebras band instead (LCDH Chevron can be seen on the top of box). Fortunately they are on the 24:24 sales quite a lot.

11 minutes ago, Piligrim said:

aged Bolivar Libertador is amazing. I recently had one from 2015 and enjoyed it so much. I'm also a fan of Partagas Salomones. 

Best celling LCDH cigar at my place is HdM de Luxe. it's pretty good cigar, but fro some reason, I'm not a fan of it. 

Partagas Salomones seems less popular compared to solid LCDH cigars like HU Royal Robustos (same goes on other Perfecto cigars). Is there any reason why you dislike HdM De Luxe? Also, I found someone compare Partagas Salomones and Cuaba Diademas and sharing the same size (any difference in terms of taste?).

• Like 1

Partagas Salomones seems less popular compared to solid LCDH cigars like HU Royal Robustos (same goes on other Perfecto cigars). Is there any reason why you dislike HdM De Luxe? Also, I found someone compare Partagas Salomones and Cuaba Diademas and sharing the same size (any difference in terms of taste?).
I can't say I dislike, enjoyed with the last one I smoked in October. But for some reason choosing cigar of similar size I usually take another.

Отправлено с моего ONEPLUS A5000 через Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piligrim said:

I can't say I dislike, enjoyed with the last one I smoked in October. But for some reason choosing cigar of similar size I usually take another.

Отправлено с моего ONEPLUS A5000 через Tapatalk

Maybe is it more expensive than necessary compared to its similar peers? :confused:

• Like 1