Guessing game: Novedosos

Talked to a friend at the Toronto LCDH yesterday.  He figures they will have to retail it for around $95 to 110 CAD in order to make it "appealing".  For comparison, a Siglo VI lists at $90CAD which is 20CUC in Cuba.  Or about $26CAD with exchange.  FWIW, he hasn't seen any official pricing on these yet.

90/26 = 3.46 (this multiplier represents the general markup on the CUC price. It accounts for taxes and a profit margin)

So, if he's saying that they'll need to charge in that range here's what we're looking at in terms of what its' CUC price will be.

Let's settle on $105 CAD being the price in Toronto.  105 / 3.46 = 30.34.  So, ~ $30CUC/stick or $750/box.  And I'd say that's conservative at best.

• Like 1

There won't be a price in the UK, instead there will be quick intake of breath followed by deep moment of self reflection and internal scrutiny

I reckon the UK price, using the Siglio VI as a benchmark plus a little for the shiny band and box will be £1300-1400 (US$1625-1750). Ouch, and No.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

I reckon the UK price, using the Siglio VI as a benchmark plus a little for the shiney band and box will be £1300-1400 (US$1625-1750). Ouch, and No.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

Especially when a 50 cab of '98 Fundadores is around £1000. Not that I'm getting those either but when comparing there is some serious mark ups going on

I'll stick to 5.40 cuc RAAS regardless of what these will potentially cost.

But but but just look at that two band combo!!!

It will look hella nice in an Instagram pic with an iced out Richard Mille!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 2/21/2019 at 5:09 AM, bundwallah said:

Let's settle on $105 CAD being the price in Toronto.  105 / 3.46 = 30.34.  So, ~ $30CUC/stick or $750/box.  And I'd say that's conservative at best

If that's correct worldwide price should be about 10% less than CAN, or about $675 which would be less than Siglo VI. I wouldn't consider CUC price as there's no direct relationship between CUC and worldwide price. 

I'd say with that packaging and the similar amount of tobacco the price will be very close to Siglo VI or maybe even a bit more.