What on Earth!? Tronquito backback?

Love tronquito's, and have seen many in various sizes, but pretty much always round with varying size, never anything like this.

13 inches tall.......very odd.  I wonder what on earth went into this cool, incredibly rare, shoulder bag tronquito? 25 x Sancho Sancho maybe?

IMG_5353_l.jpg

IMG_5350_l.jpg

IMG_5344_l.jpg

IMG_5349_l.jpg

• Thanks 2

As far as I am aware tronquitos are made with a cedar core. Then a compound similar to wood filler/two part resin is added to the outside, and then sculpted with a texturing tool. 

The most difficult part must be finishing the join, as the filler would naturally want to fracture and crack. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

What’s the relation between a tree trunk and cigars? Is there a significant meaning or were they just short on packaging ideas back then? 

I have no idea. But on the last part of your comment, I would argue the exact opposite. Take another look at how individual, crafted and inspired the tronquitos are, then think about how bland and souless today's offering are. 

3 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

I’m not disagreeing that these are beautiful works of art. I’m just trying to understand what a tree trunk has to do with cigars. Just seems kind of random to me. 

I will definitely agree with you on that. Maybe there is something in MRN's book about how they came to pass.  I personally have no idea about when they first came about

1 hour ago, mtapia3 said:

I’m not disagreeing that these are beautiful works of art. I’m just trying to understand what a tree trunk has to do with cigars. Just seems kind of random to me. 

I think I've got it...

Trees grow leaves. Tobacco is leaves. Cigars are tobacco. Cedar is a tree. Cigars are normally accompanied by cedar...so...

The tree trunk represents the expansion of the universe. Or it's phallic. I'm not sure.  

8 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

If in doubt, always go phallic

10 hours ago, GavLew79 said:

Or it's phallic

Whomever has got a ? , that has no ?️, broken branches on the side, and covered in cheap varnish.................well i feel sorry for them.....regardless of the 13inches. Ha!  ???