Flash in the pan or trend.

As of late 24/24 has been a feeding frenzy. It seems like quality has been great and some sticks that I haven’t seen since I’ve been lurking around here (about 6 months) have been popping up. If I remember correctly the question had been asked when we would start seeing the first wave of cigars rolled with the new, and supposedly great crop. I want to say late 2018 would be then they would probably start using the new crop. So is this a flash in the pan or a trend of great sticks coming our way? Is there even going to be a point where one could even tell when the new crop is coming to market? 

21 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

Am I the only guy with multiple separate checking accounts no one else in my family knows about?!

Is that not a 'thing'?

Multiple bank accounts, multiple credit cards, business address. Plausible deniability. And store a few boxes for “friends” so that, “Don’t worry, those aren’t all mine”, cover is in place. 

• Haha 1

Am I the only guy with multiple separate checking accounts no one else in my family knows about?!
Is that not a 'thing'?
My wife and I have been together for 25 years, married for 19 of them. We've never had a joint account and it works beautifully for us. I'll see your Lulu Guinness handbag and raise you a cab of PLPC, basically.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Boxer1 said:

I want to say late 2018 would be then they would probably start using the new crop.

Wrappers from the 2017 crop would have been in use for the last 6 months or so. Seco from that crop is just now being utilized for Q1 2019 production. 2017 ligero won't be ready until Q1 2020. But yes, I would expect to see higher quality in both wrappers and flavor from Q4 2018 onward and as Rob notes, it has been apparent.

5 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

Multiple bank accounts, multiple credit cards, business address. Plausible deniability. And store a few boxes for “friends” so that, “Don’t worry, those aren’t all mine”, cover is in place. 

I finally got a burn account after all of the "discussions".  Now I just have to get the mail first!

Seems like every box I've received in 2018 has been great looking and has that pungent barnyard aroma.  Few people complain anymore about bland and lifeless cc's.  Cigars like Punch Punch that had some really tough years are back with a vengeance.  I do hope and believe that we are in a new golden age for cc's.  

6 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

Don’t forget offshore contacts/storage. 

14 minutes ago, fabes said:

This little thing caled honesty has worked just fine for me. :party:

Another thread seems to explore another option as well:

3 hours ago, fabes said:

This little thing caled honesty has worked just fine for me. :party:

Is omitting the truth the same as lying ? I don’t lie if she asks but I definitely don’t rush to tell her every time I make an order. 

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Wrappers from the 2017 crop would have been in use for the last 6 months or so. Seco from that crop is just now being utilized for Q1 2019 production. 2017 ligero won't be ready until Q1 2020. But yes, I would expect to see higher quality in both wrappers and flavor from Q4 2018 onward and as Rob notes, it has been apparent.

Great info. Thank you. Everything I’ve tried so far has been great. Young and some with some pretty sharp edges but I think I have general idea of where they’re heading. It’s exciting to know that I’m starting to build stock on an upswing. 

• Like 1